Deer strike

Macdoon

Reaction score
:sob: 0500 on way to work f**ckin deer wanted a closer look at the newly modded fog surround, a fair bit of damage. At work at the mo, will take some pics later.

Mac

Ouch. I hit 2 Deer in my S4 last year. Wasn't going quick, maybe about 30-35, but still enough to cause £1800 worth of damage.

At least its only metal thats damaged, well, and Bambi...

1-0 to the deer

Ok so here's the pics....... assessment done....... approx cost 2k+
Deerstrike008.jpg

Deerstrike007.jpg

Deerstrike006.jpg

Deerstrike005.jpg

Deerstrike004.jpg

Deerstrike003.jpg

Deerstrike002.jpg

Deerstrike010.jpg

Deerstrike009.jpg

Was doing 40mph, that gut wrenching feeling, then out the car with the Rambo head on, as it gets up and runs off I just wanted to catch it slit it's throat and eat it lol.

is the 2k new parts fitted painted by audi ?
cos id have that done for hmm £500 with sh parts and would be a perfect blend and finish
or add another 200 / 300 and go DTM like your thinking

is the 2k new parts fitted painted by audi ?
cos id have that done for hmm £500 with sh parts and would be a perfect blend and finish
or add another 200 / 300 and go DTM like your thinking

No definately not by Audi, made that mistake once many years ago (poor quality finish). Body shop guy I've known for last 16 yrs will be carrying out the work (through my ins). It's the internal damage, also new wing (crease that i didn't notice when taking pics).

Two nice holes in the intercooler, oil cooler pipes bust and more.

Not only did that deer trash your front end mate, its a robbing ******* too, its half inched your grill badge hahahaha

Joking apart though i feel for you on this, i hit one in my vectra gsi and one jumped on a lads rs turbo i know. They make a serious amount of damage.

People say "It's only metal", well that don't help, my car is my pride and joy, so any bump,scratch or more is gutting.

People say "It's only metal", well that don't help, my car is my pride and joy, so any bump,scratch or more is gutting.

Its not only metal to you. I feel really sad that your car is damaged. I hope you get it all sorted out real soon.

ouch, that's a *****, I nearly had an encounter with a ****** loose dog legging it out the woods on a back road a couple of days ago, was doing 60 at the time (was a 60 limit and a clear straight road...).

I feel for you, and £2k is a wedge...at least your insurance is covering it, always worth full comp...hurts to see any damage though...

T
ouch, that's a *****, I nearly had an encounter with a ****** loose dog legging it out the woods on a back road a couple of days ago, was doing 60 at the time (was a 60 limit and a clear straight road...).

I feel for you, and £2k is a wedge...at least your insurance is covering it, always worth full comp...hurts to see any damage though...

Aye, thankfully fully comp, protected. And the work is being done at my mates shop, peace of mind.

Deer strike, i think your lucky mate, looks more like a bird strike

A friend of mine hit a deer, wrote her car off, not much of the front end left!

I hope the deer is in your boot.

Make good use of a bad situation.

Made me think about the Top Gear Episode when Clarkson had a "road Kill" cow attached to his bonnet!

£2k!? really?

I thought that at first but the more you look at the pics the more damage is apparent, start adding those bits up along with ic/oc pipes plus paint and labour :(

Bad times mate, these things are sent to test us, at least it wasnt a badger!!

I was definately lucky, it was a muntjac, headstrike.
As for damage it does mount up,

Intercooler (two little holes, punctured by fog light)
IC pipes & brackets
OC pipes & brackets
Fog surround
Belly pan (split)
N/S wing creased
Bumper
Grille split
Number plate holder clip broken
Fog light brackets snapped
IC air duct
Inner arch lining split

That's about it I think :shrug: then to top that until Friday I've got a Skoda Fabia :Flush: Took 3 weeks to get to work this morning lol.

Yeah they're big biuggers huh, probably wouldnt of even given them a scratch tbh, saw one run out, hit a car at a fair speed, totally goosed the car, but thing ran of without even so much a limp, not nice to see that internal damage though huh as bumper could of been welded back to oem, shame.