3.0TDi Injector cleaning? STP Diesel Injector Cleaner?

Mine is the 2.7 and at 60mph it will do 61mpg, it has been mapped and i can go from Nottingham to Aberdeen and back (870) on a tank if I stay at 55 to 60 mph in cruse, it has more than paid for the remap in fuel savings alone, however I dont use it for commuting anymore as I can use the train and chill out etc but i can assure everyone that it can be done, clarkson did 800+ on tg!

Been looking for this episode everywhere! I was sure it did exist but everyone kept telling me it was the Jaguar episode I was thinking of. :wacko:

Back on topic...I've logged my fuel useage (not with the DIS, calculated using an app on my iPhone) since I bought the car last year. I have done 26,359 miles so far and averaged 31.79mpg on Shell V-Power (Nitro+ more recently which gets me and extra 30-40 miles per tank compared to the original V-Power!). I do 300 miles on the motorway every week during the weekdays and 140 miles around town every week. I fill up every single week of the year (except when I am on holiday) and get 440.6 miles per full tank on average. All this works out at 21.2p/mile (based on average price of fuel @ £1.479/L).

Azeem

Last edited:
I get between 330 and 450 miles per tank (63 litres), about 350 general commuting and not hanging about (A-roads & residential), 450 on a steady run to Cardiff.

So that's between 23mpg and 32mpg. Every time I've calculated average mileage on a full tank (apart from long steady runs) it works out at 28mpg. Not great but prefectly acceptable for a 280bhp, 4wd soft-top that has 4 seats...