Badger5AH Fabrications
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status

flickering headlight

xeon light flickering
    most common reason they flicker
    or am i better off geting bulbs and a ballast and doing them all at once
    as i cant be arsed to keep takeing the bumper off
    i know someone will say swap them round but id rather have the bumper off once only
    TIA

2. # ADS
    ADS

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Bulbs from what I've read.
    BUt not 100%

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

Neutral

Status
    I had that on my B7 S4, Audi fixed under warranty, needed a replacement sender unit.

Neutral

Status
    I had the same thing. It was the bulbs for me.

Neutral

Status
    I had it on mine would flicker and sometimes turn off . took car back and they said they just replaced the bulbs and all ok now.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Common issues with this fault description on various cars, ballast, bulb & even headlight switch, only way to determine tbh mate is to swap bits around or could cost a few pennies to change all.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by THERMT View Post
    I had the same thing. It was the bulbs for me.
    when yours were flickering did you get the bulb out warning ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    i had this on mine both of my headlights would go off at different times, i bought new oem bulbs and its been fine ever since, i changed mine without removing the bumper also.

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by smm20vt View Post
    i had this on mine both of my headlights would go off at different times, i bought new oem bulbs and its been fine ever since, i changed mine without removing the bumper also.
    One of my lights began flickering randomly yesterday but went away afterwards. Thinking of replacing both for some 6000k ones. Anybody know the bulb type for the OEM bi-xenons and also how difficult are they to change without removing the front bumper? Do the headlights come out without taking the bumper of or do you just make space behind the unit (i.e. dismount PAS fluid resevoir etc.)?

Thanks in advance, Az.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smm20vt View Post
    x2

mine had been flickering for nearly a year - finally gave in and bought 2 x OSRAM 66144 XENARC D1S 35W HID XENON REPLACEMENT BULBS for £90 delivered from HIDS Direct Ltd.. and hey presto, all fixed

goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

AjM
    Living in Blissful Ignorance

Status
    On mine it was the bulb, changed them for some unkown make off ebay for £38 for 5300K (same as OEM) and been fine since, (that was 12K miles ago). Also headlight can be removed without bumper removal but you will need a very long T20 to remove the bottom screw.

4th Gear

Status
    Will be the bulb happened to me. You will not get warning light out.

Just buy a pair and fit both of them at least you know you have changed 2. I got 2x 4300k OEM on ebay for £80

Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    xeon light flickering
    most common reason they flicker
    or am i better off geting bulbs and a ballast and doing them all at once
    as i cant be arsed to keep takeing the bumper off
    i know someone will say swap them round but id rather have the bumper off once only
    TIA
    Torque the Torque

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by AjM View Post
    On mine it was the bulb, changed them for some unkown make off ebay for £38 for 5300K (same as OEM) and been fine since, (that was 12K miles ago). Also headlight can be removed without bumper removal but you will need a very long T20 to remove the bottom screw.
    Do the headlights need to be removed in order to change the bulbs or can they be replaced as they are (moving the PAS fluid reservoir etc.)?

~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    Do the headlights need to be removed in order to change the bulbs or can they be replaced as they are (moving the PAS fluid reservoir etc.)?
    my local VAG indy managed to do it without removing the bumper, however it cost me 45 mins labour - but well worth it!

goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by g00se View Post
    my local VAG indy managed to do it without removing the bumper, however it cost me 45 mins labour - but well worth it!

goose
    They still removed the headlights though I take it or don't you know?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    They still removed the headlights though I take it or don't you know?
    nope - he told me that they loosened things off, but didnt remove the bumper or headlights... oh and got the youngest, small-handed yoof in the workshop to do it!

goose
    Current:

Past: