Audi key

JDM82

Reaction score
OK really simple daft question but Im struggling so.....

I've purchased a replacement rubber thing for my audi key. The rubber button thing. Anyway do these glue on? The old worn one pulled straight out and I thought the new one would simple pop into its place but it wont stay on?

Anyone else bought a new rubber button piece and managed to fit it?

AUDI Remote Key FOB Pad 3 Button Rubber A3 A4 A6 TT Q7 | eBay

You need to take the key apart to replace it. It's roughly in this order:

Take the battery cover off. Remove the 3 screws, then take the circuit out. You should be able to see a grey retaining clip that holds the keypad in place. Slide this out and swap the keypads over. Putting it all back together is the reverse. There might be something else you need to take out before you get to the grey bit but it's been a while since I did this.

Test the buttons to make sure they work properly. When I did mine the lock and boot buttons jammed so I couldn't press them. If this happens get the seller to send you a new pad.

Hope this helps mate

Got the new rubber pad on and must say if it wasn't for your guide Alpesh I wouldn't have figured it out. Why is everything with Audi arkward.

Anyway its done and looks brand new.

Cheers Alpesh :salute:

No worries mate. Haha! I now expect awkwardness before I even start a job on my A4!! Were you trying to lever out the keypad without taking it apart?

I pulled the rubber out and expected the rubber to just pop back on. Didnt think for a second id have to take the key completely apart.