Is this HID kit good?

Hi, welcome to ASN. Any pics of the car? Where are you located? Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Should be OK, I bought an error free H1 kit for the old Allroad and I had the same kit in my A3 and an H7 kit in my B5 A4 for 2 years. The kit was around £70 on bay. Personally I wouldn't do the conversion in the B7 A4 as they are reflectors, the cars I did them to had projector lights, the Allroad had autoleveling and headlight washers. You are likely to get pulled by the police with HIDs in reflectors, they have a poor beam pattern and will dazzle people coming the other way. The best way of doing it is to get the proper factory HID lights, I got a set of S3 xenon lights for my old A3 for around £130.

dont pay that look for hids direct

try there good quality service etc tell him what you need an he will sort you HIDS DIRECT LTD Store
also very rare you will get pulled make sure the lights are leveld right after fitting

For reflector headlights you'd be better getting the "R" version, and if you buy the kit from HIDs4U direct here (instead of through their reseller Autobulbs) and use discount code "Toyota pro" then the kit comes in at £119.21 delivered. And that's for the correct R kit which is a tenner more than the standard kit.

The R kit has a bulb shroud which reduces glare and scatter, and gives a genuine beam pattern in reflector headlights. No more dazzling oncoming drivers.

Hi, welcome to ASN. Any pics of the car? Where are you located? Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Yes I will stick up some pics of the car soon :) Im from Ireland and thanks for the welcome!

dont pay that look for hids direct

try there good quality service etc tell him what you need an he will sort you HIDS DIRECT LTD Store
also very rare you will get pulled make sure the lights are leveld right after fitting

Thanks for the advice mate :)

For reflector headlights you'd be better getting the "R" version, and if you buy the kit from HIDs4U direct here (instead of through their reseller Autobulbs) and use discount code "Toyota pro" then the kit comes in at £119.21 delivered. And that's for the correct R kit which is a tenner more than the standard kit.

The R kit has a bulb shroud which reduces glare and scatter, and gives a genuine beam pattern in reflector headlights. No more dazzling oncoming drivers.

This exactly what ive been looking thank you!
So with the R kit the beams wont dazzle any oncoming traffic etc?? and I wont need to get the car coded to remove faults or anything?? And also do I have to buy two kits for dipped and also high beams??
Thanks, this is so helpful!!

Dip beam should be hid and main beam stay standard bulbs.

Will they need coding? No, because you're changing the headlight bulbs for a different type of bulb (as far as the ecu is concerned) so it doesn't need to know. If you were fitting OEM xenons then the ecu would need to know (I think). Didn't need coding on my Seat Altea anyway.

Dip beam should be hid and main beam stay standard bulbs.

Will they need coding? No, because you're changing the headlight bulbs for a different type of bulb (as far as the ecu is concerned) so it doesn't need to know. If you were fitting OEM xenons then the ecu would need to know (I think). Didn't need coding on my Seat Altea anyway.

Thats great Viking cheers! I'll order that kit, along with osram nightbreaker plus to beef up the heads!
Cheers I really appreciate the help! :hi:
Padraic