coding xenon headlamps

marv

Reaction score
hi i am fitting some xenon lights to my b7 at the weekend, got the kafatec cables, what do i need to change on the coding?

any help would be greatful

Depends on spec of car if has rain light sensor etc. Tells you in coding section I think. Good luck! I'm still having issues with mine :-/.

no auto lights, no rain sensors, just the basic realy mate

If you have vcds, then it tells you within the popup coding helper, what is represented with specific coding.

Chris, come on lad, you should have that sorted by now.

thanks for replys, i dont know what control module to go to code them in tho, not used vcds much

If you have vcds, then it tells you within the popup coding helper, what is represented with specific coding.

Chris, come on lad, you should have that sorted by now.

I should mate. Ain't even had chance to look properly. Will get on it soon hopefully

thanks for replys, i dont know what control module to go to code them in tho, not used vcds much

Well if you had levelling it would be module 55, but you also need to go into 09 to code the headlights to the car.

i dnt have auto leveling and i dont have washer jets either, i know the legal side of it as i am a mot tester lol, so just code the lights in 05?

So what is the legal side then?

I thought it has to have washer jets and possibly levelling.

Nigel still ain't sorted my xenons. Too busy at work. Is there anyone in or near Leicester that you can recommend?

I'm back soon so I would be someone to sort for you if interested.

Yeah manufacturers have to install systems from factory & afaik its needed for mots now, just wanted to see what he checks.

the legal side of it is the must have washer jets and auto leveling, if not any of these the they fail the mot

the legal side of it is the must have washer jets and auto leveling, if not any of these the they fail the mot

So as an mot tester, you've passed your car for mot illegally, thats a question, not an accusation.

I thought it has to have washer jets and possibly levelling.

Nigel still ain't sorted my xenons. Too busy at work. Is there anyone in or near Leicester that you can recommend?

ohh man havent you fixed it yet :D thought ive helped to how to do few months ago from the links i gave you :p
it is Very easy mate i promis u it will take a bout 40min work or less if the front bumper is off

i did retro fit mine from halogen to bixenon,
so what youre saying is.
When you have the High beam does not work and you get a warning?
if it is that then you have connected them wrong, or coded them wrong.
the 2 small yellow pins must be connected rigth for the highbeam to work. and also the code must be right.
use this code and dont change the thre first codes in VAG

Euro Headlights & DRL
Module 09 (Central Electrical), recode to ###21

i think the origininal code for the halogen is 01012

If u have the code 21 then the lights work but if not the hight beam then you have connected the small yellow pins wrong. i did it to after changing it it worked like a charm :D

Very easy mate took my about 1hr the first time i did it :D

You can also read this audizine forum post very easy :D
DIY: Halogen to Bi-Xenon - Kufatec Interface