2005 A4 Avant 2.5 TDi cambelt change

strapkass

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to this forum and to the 2.5 TDi A4 Avant..

Can anybody recommend a London based independent that knows there way around these engines and don't charge Audi main agent prices please?

Last changed in Augsut 2007 at 31000 miles ago...New belt and ancillaries due this year...

thanks

Contact adamss24( Chris) he knows his way round a V6 and is in London.

Hi, I am in north east of england so do not know of anyone in London. Just had my 2.5 cambelt change done up here and just a few things you may want to have done at the same time is 1) tensioners, 2) waterpump, 3) thermostat, 4) auxhilary belt and tensioners.
In the long run it will give you peace of mind. Cost up here was £600 for the lot.
Hope this knowledge is of some use.
Good luck.

^^^ I would also check and repair the aux. belt tensioner pivoting arm and check and replace the relay rollers/pulleys for the aux. drive belt. The injector pump belt and tensioner + the vibration damper are also maintenance items. On their own they cost a good 150 quid so that's where the costs are. I am sure the cambelt kit they fitted is missing the vibration damper and the pump belt + tensioner. The full kit is 280 quid...aftermarket Contitech or SKF !
I have done the thermostat and belts on a forum's member a6 tdi, he had receipts of the cambelt being replaced a year before. Sure enough the garage only replaced the belt and left all the old pulleys on. They also thread locked the viscous fan and fitted a pattern crankshft pulley which was disintegrating already. Replaced the worn items with 2nd hand good parts off my spare engine... You get what you pay for everytime !