Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JDM82

Thread: Wheels getting powder coated in the morning....

2nd Gear

Status

Wheels getting powder coated in the morning....

I booked my car in weeks ago to get my S-Line/RS6 wheels done in anthricite. Well tomorrow is the day and Im just hoping they suit the car. My A4 is the liquid blue and I think going with anthricite on the wheels will either look really good or really bad......

I saw a picture of a A4 in america, liquid blue with anthricite wheels but they weren't RS6 alloys they where an upgrade so.....
    But it looked good.

I'll see how they turn out and post some pictures to see what your opinions are

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Pics please as my car is liquid blue as well!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Will get some up mate.

I've went dark all round the car:-

Gloss black trim (around windows, grille, back bumper chrome strip now black)
    DRL headlights with black backing
    LED smoked rear lights
    All S-Line badges now black
    Smoked side repeaters

So really its only the wheels that need doing to complete the dark look.

I'll get some pic's up tomorrow. You thinking of changing your wheel colour too?

Neutral

Status
    My wheels need a refurb so I'm thinking of a brighter silver colour than original

2nd Gear

Status
    Just got back from picking my car up with its newly coloured wheels and Im soooooooooooooo glad I took the chance. They look great.

Will get pic's up when camera has charged.

2nd Gear

Status
    Charge faster!!!! Lol

2nd Gear

Status

Now some before pictures to compare

All comments welcome and suggestions on what next......

I know it wont be to everyones taste but if we all had the same taste, what a boring world it would be!

2nd Gear

Status
    car looks good pal, the wheels look good against that colour and as you have tinted rear lights and wrapped your trim, it matches up great!

3rd Gear

Status
    Looking good i would lower it and and spacers front and back then job done !

1st Gear

Status
    How much and where from?

5th Gear

Status
    looks spot on that pal, nice colour yeh everything ties up well

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    How much and where from?
    The wheels? I got them done at a place called ROMAX in Stockton. Dropped the car off at 8:30 and collected it at 12:30 all done. Cost £212 all in. Its cheaper if you just give them the rims, no tyres.
    Last edited by JDM82; 9th May 2012 at 10:18.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
    I thinking the same thing. What mm spacers would you say? And how low? I need it to still be drivable, I think the local council spent its whole years speed bump budget in my area alone, its that bad for speed bumps.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the positive comments......

I posted the same pictures up on Audizine and it got pretty much slated. I got a load of comments saying to remove the front and rear lights and go back to standard as well as removing the black badges too.

But I guess we all have different tastes, the world would be very dull if we didn't!

2nd Gear

Status
    ehhh ****ers!!! they suit your car, its an unusual colour and its goes well with the dark parts, **** them at audizine, we are the ones who count!!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers Rich.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM82:1575869
    I thinking the same thing. What mm spacers would you say? And how low? I need it to still be drivable, I think the local council spent its whole years speed bump budget in my area alone, its that bad for speed bumps.
    Spacers 10f 12r
    H&r sport springs with b5 cups gives a great drop with good ride comfort this is my set up

2nd Gear

Status
    Spacers 10f 12r
    H&r sport springs with b5 cups gives a great drop with good ride comfort this is my set up
    Have you a link to the spacers you have and the springs too? B5 cup? Whats that and do you have a link to that also.

Thanks

5th Gear

Status
    Look's the Mutt's Nut's fella, lights look great, cupra lip would finish off, top marks

Mac
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon:1576359
    Look's the Mutt's Nut's fella, lights look great, cupra lip would finish off, top marks

Mac
    Ye good call cupra splitter beefs up the front end nicely

5th Gear

Status
    my 18" sline rs6 style alloys was done last week in bridgetown cannock near staffordshire for £35 a corner + vat now mint and the total bill £168 01543 503362 17" are £25 + vat for powder coating....
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

3rd Gear

Status
    Thats very cheap if i was any where near i would call them !!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post

Mac

Cheers Mac, your right about the cupra lip, i've got one ordered
    Macdoon likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Im thinking the last few extras will be:-

Cupra lip
    Spacers - Front 10mm Rear 12mm
    H&R lowering springs
    Relak Carbon fibre roof spoiler Roof Spoiler for Audi B6/B7 A4 & S4 by Relak
    Relak Carbon fibre side skirts Carbon Fiber Side Skirts for Audi B6/B7 A4 & S4

And thats probably it

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marktdisport View Post
    my 18" sline rs6 style alloys was done last week in bridgetown cannock near staffordshire for £35 a corner + vat now mint and the total bill £168 01543 503362 17" are £25 + vat for powder coating....
    Was that at Pengrave?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM82 View Post

I posted the same pictures up on Audizine and it got pretty much slated. I got a load of comments saying to remove the front and rear lights and go back to standard as well as removing the black badges too.

But I guess we all have different tastes, the world would be very dull if we didn't!
    Just read the thread on AZ and believe me, your car didn't get slated at all! You just had a couple of people who didn't like certain bits but you had plenty of people who found it cool.

I for one am not a fan of black rings, I think it looks like they've fallen off leaving the placeholders behind.

Like the wheels though. So Romax are still about? Think the Seat boys use them but wasn't sure if they were still about. Like to get my alloys refurbed but not sure how long they'd need 'em for.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Just read the thread on AZ and believe me, your car didn't get slated at all! You just had a couple of people who didn't like certain bits but you had plenty of people who found it cool.

I for one am not a fan of black rings, I think it looks like they've fallen off leaving the placeholders behind.

Like the wheels though. So Romax are still about? Think the Seat boys use them but wasn't sure if they were still about. Like to get my alloys refurbed but not sure how long they'd need 'em for.

When I wrote I was getting slated it was before I had started to get any positive comments. The latest posts have been much more positive so........

I'll check my audizine thread now, thanks

Yeah Romax is still there. The guy was telling me theres never a day when they ain't busy so there definately going strong, which is good. They do a great job at a reasonable price so........

As for the black rings Wrath, I totally agree but the silver just didn't go with what I was trying to acheive.

5th Gear

Status
    When I wrote I was getting slated it was before I had started to get any positive comments. The latest posts have been much more positive so........

I'll check my audizine thread now, thanks

Yeah Romax is still there. The guy was telling me theres never a day when they ain't busy so there definately going strong, which is good. They do a great job at a reasonable price so........

As for the black rings Wrath, I totally agree but the silver just didn't go with what I was trying to acheive.
    AZ'ers tend to like our Euro cars as they like the lack of bumper reflectors and our boot/trunk lids.

I'll give Romax a ring, do you have the phone number and location you could PM me?

As to the rings, try red ones?
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Reverse Gear

Status

As great as Audizine is, there are a hand full of users in every sub forum there who are vocal and push their views on to anyone who decides to be different in their modding style. Agree with you when you say the world would be a dull place...

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers Relak, nice to see you on here

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Looking the nuts fella!! Lovin the plate
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Looking the nuts fella!! Lovin the plate

Cheers mate, got a lot more to do but its getting there.

I did promise myself after my golf GTi that I wouldn't plow loads of money into a car again after losing such a large chunk but I have the fever and a load of ideas so........

Next item is a S-Line MFSW which is sorted and getting fitted on saturday so looking forward to that.