New dilemma

Gates

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ive fitted my rs4 wheels today and my 50/40 eibach springs and I must say I love the new look of the car but I'm still pondering over the grille and mirrors.

Were going to get the s4 mirrors next month and I'm torn between the s4 grille or the rs4 grille, I feel the rs4 has become quite common lately and I'm kind of swaying towards the s4 instead.

What are your opinions? Thanks for your help

Pics Please!!!also were are you getting the s4 mirrors from?? oem or copies?

Is is the only pic I've got at them min as I had to rush from the garage to pick my lad up from school, will get some better ones tomorrow.
4fbda42d.jpg

Im just going to get the copy mirrors off eBay as I can't really justify spending the amount of money on mirrors that the oem cost and they hardly ver come up second hand.

Looks smart.love the wheels!!!!must look for a set !!!!! I've seen a few mirror covers at all sorts of different prices and can't make a decision which ones to get??

The ones I'm going for are £125 on eBay they're the most expensive reps so I'd like to think they have some sort of quality about them, I'm also thinking about clear wrapping them as I've heard a few stories of people's paint reacting after 6 months ish, so hopefully clear vinyl should prevent that.

Here's the item number mate I've got the app on my phone so can't give you the link I'm afraid sorry 250496849842.

Cheers ..full housings not just covers aswell..but I don't think I could fit them..I cant even wire a ****** plug!!!​

They're only a few screws behind and under the mirror glass theyre quite simple by the looks of it, just take your time and you'll be fine mate.

Sounds easy enough...but got to get the mirror out in one piece first!!

Gates:1572268 said:
Hi everyone,

Ive fitted my rs4 wheels today and my 50/40 eibach springs and I must say I love the new look of the car but I'm still pondering over the grille and mirrors.

Were going to get the s4 mirrors next month and I'm torn between the s4 grille or the rs4 grille, I feel the rs4 has become quite common lately and I'm kind of swaying towards the s4 instead.

What are your opinions? Thanks for your help

Rs4 grill would be my choice its popular for a reason it looks great ! Go for the black optics one and wrap your window trims to match will transform your car.

Rs4 grill would be my choice its popular for a reason it looks great ! Go for the black optics one and wrap your window trims to match will transform your car.

I know what your saying about the rs4 grille I'll prob end up going for that one but I'm liking the chrome at the minute and if I wrap everything in black then I'll end up having to do the roof bars too and the new mirrors wouldn't look right.

Gates:1572430 said:

I know what your saying about the rs4 grille I'll prob end up going for that one but I'm liking the chrome at the minute and if I wrap everything in black then I'll end up having to do the roof bars too and the new mirrors wouldn't look right.

I have rs4 grill and wrapped window trim and it looks mint ! Search for some of my previous posts for pics and see what u think ?

Yours looks good with the bars silver though because your cars silver, mine would look out of place everything being black except the roof bars I think.

I've got a friend who works in a sign writers who is going to do a matt black wrap to the chrome on my avant. The rails and mirrors I think can be chrome but the window trim looks rubbish in chrome. I've got a dark met grey avant.

Couple of questions

Are those wheels 19s

How do the Eibachs feel on Sline dampers? I want to lower mine but would rather get new springs/dampers than just springs.

With the springs and the 19s how much harder is the ride?

Ta!

I've got a friend who works in a sign writers who is going to do a matt black wrap to the chrome on my avant. The rails and mirrors I think can be chrome but the window trim looks rubbish in chrome. I've got a dark met grey avant.

Couple of questions

Are those wheels 19s

How do the Eibachs feel on Sline dampers? I want to lower mine but would rather get new springs/dampers than just springs.

With the springs and the 19s how much harder is the ride?

Ta!

Hi mate, yeah the wheels are 19's and to be honest the ride hasn't really changed since I've fitted the springs but bearing in mind they've only been on a day so may settle a bit, but I am so pleased with the way it sits now and I'm happy that the ride feels just that little bit tighter in the bends without sacrificing comfort.

Gates:1572919 said:
Yours looks good with the bars silver though because your cars silver, mine would look out of place everything being black except the roof bars I think.

Possibly ye ? But try searching for posts by a member called gphilla he is a mate of mine he had a black avant with black window trim black tints black wheels black grill black everything apart from roof bars and it looked amazing he has sold it now - such a shame!

Last edited: