Sky InsuranceChris Nott

Thread: New dilemma

1st Gear

Status

New dilemma

Hi everyone,

Ive fitted my rs4 wheels today and my 50/40 eibach springs and I must say I love the new look of the car but I'm still pondering over the grille and mirrors.

Were going to get the s4 mirrors next month and I'm torn between the s4 grille or the rs4 grille, I feel the rs4 has become quite common lately and I'm kind of swaying towards the s4 instead.

What are your opinions? Thanks for your help

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Pics Please!!!also were are you getting the s4 mirrors from?? oem or copies?

1st Gear

Status
    Is is the only pic I've got at them min as I had to rush from the garage to pick my lad up from school, will get some better ones tomorrow.

Im just going to get the copy mirrors off eBay as I can't really justify spending the amount of money on mirrors that the oem cost and they hardly ver come up second hand.

Neutral

Status
    Looks smart.love the wheels!!!!must look for a set !!!!! I've seen a few mirror covers at all sorts of different prices and can't make a decision which ones to get??

1st Gear

Status
    The ones I'm going for are £125 on eBay they're the most expensive reps so I'd like to think they have some sort of quality about them, I'm also thinking about clear wrapping them as I've heard a few stories of people's paint reacting after 6 months ish, so hopefully clear vinyl should prevent that.

Neutral

Status
    You got a item number or link to the covers please

1st Gear

Status
    Here's the item number mate I've got the app on my phone so can't give you the link I'm afraid sorry 250496849842.

Neutral

Status
    Cheers ..full housings not just covers aswell..but I don't think I could fit them..I cant even wire a bloody plug!!!

1st Gear

Status
    They're only a few screws behind and under the mirror glass theyre quite simple by the looks of it, just take your time and you'll be fine mate.

Neutral

Status
    Sounds easy enough...but got to get the mirror out in one piece first!!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah only the mirror glass though lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gates:1572268
    Hi everyone,

Ive fitted my rs4 wheels today and my 50/40 eibach springs and I must say I love the new look of the car but I'm still pondering over the grille and mirrors.

Were going to get the s4 mirrors next month and I'm torn between the s4 grille or the rs4 grille, I feel the rs4 has become quite common lately and I'm kind of swaying towards the s4 instead.

What are your opinions? Thanks for your help
    Rs4 grill would be my choice its popular for a reason it looks great ! Go for the black optics one and wrap your window trims to match will transform your car.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
    Rs4 grill would be my choice its popular for a reason it looks great ! Go for the black optics one and wrap your window trims to match will transform your car.
    I know what your saying about the rs4 grille I'll prob end up going for that one but I'm liking the chrome at the minute and if I wrap everything in black then I'll end up having to do the roof bars too and the new mirrors wouldn't look right.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gates:1572430
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrow View Post
    I know what your saying about the rs4 grille I'll prob end up going for that one but I'm liking the chrome at the minute and if I wrap everything in black then I'll end up having to do the roof bars too and the new mirrors wouldn't look right.
    I have rs4 grill and wrapped window trim and it looks mint ! Search for some of my previous posts for pics and see what u think ?

1st Gear

Status
    RS4 FRONT GRILL ( BLACK OPTICS)

A4 b7 170bhp quattro | 210bhp remap from Rick @ UNICORN MOTORSPORT ( 07880558534) | DPF deleted | EGR deleted | 19" TSW Zolder 5 custom bronze wheels | rs4 grill | rs4 22mm rear sway bar | lamin-x head lights, fog lights, side repeaters | custom carbon wraped chrome window trims | E M Tuning LED conversion lights | genuine audi s4 rear valance | genuine audi s4 quad exhaust system to fit diesel | cupra R splitter | black audi ring badges | alpine headunit, hertz spl sub with JL audio amp |

1st Gear

Status
    CARBON WRAPPED WINDOW TRIM.

A4 b7 170bhp quattro | 210bhp remap from Rick @ UNICORN MOTORSPORT ( 07880558534) | DPF deleted | EGR deleted | 19" TSW Zolder 5 custom bronze wheels | rs4 grill | rs4 22mm rear sway bar | lamin-x head lights, fog lights, side repeaters | custom carbon wraped chrome window trims | E M Tuning LED conversion lights | genuine audi s4 rear valance | genuine audi s4 quad exhaust system to fit diesel | cupra R splitter | black audi ring badges | alpine headunit, hertz spl sub with JL audio amp |

3rd Gear

Status
    And mine with chrome bars

1st Gear

Status
    Yours looks good with the bars silver though because your cars silver, mine would look out of place everything being black except the roof bars I think.

1st Gear

Status
    I've got a friend who works in a sign writers who is going to do a matt black wrap to the chrome on my avant. The rails and mirrors I think can be chrome but the window trim looks rubbish in chrome. I've got a dark met grey avant.

Couple of questions

Are those wheels 19s

How do the Eibachs feel on Sline dampers? I want to lower mine but would rather get new springs/dampers than just springs.

With the springs and the 19s how much harder is the ride?

Ta!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by eddscott View Post
    I've got a friend who works in a sign writers who is going to do a matt black wrap to the chrome on my avant. The rails and mirrors I think can be chrome but the window trim looks rubbish in chrome. I've got a dark met grey avant.

Couple of questions

Are those wheels 19s

How do the Eibachs feel on Sline dampers? I want to lower mine but would rather get new springs/dampers than just springs.

With the springs and the 19s how much harder is the ride?

Ta!
    Hi mate, yeah the wheels are 19's and to be honest the ride hasn't really changed since I've fitted the springs but bearing in mind they've only been on a day so may settle a bit, but I am so pleased with the way it sits now and I'm happy that the ride feels just that little bit tighter in the bends without sacrificing comfort.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gates:1572919
    Yours looks good with the bars silver though because your cars silver, mine would look out of place everything being black except the roof bars I think.
    Possibly ye ? But try searching for posts by a member called gphilla he is a mate of mine he had a black avant with black window trim black tints black wheels black grill black everything apart from roof bars and it looked amazing he has sold it now - such a shame!
    Last edited by Marrow; 6th May 2012 at 09:41.