Radio muting when selecting reverse gear

Custardsucker

Reaction score
Hi, does anybody know if it's possible to programme the radio to mute when you select reverse gear as the sensor beep is not that loud and it would save doing it manually before selecting reverse.
Thanks for any help.

Then no, if was rns you could of told it a reverse cam was fitted & it may have swapped to the video input therefore muting possibly, but the newer pdc controllers on say the 8P do ctually send a mute command to the radio when in reverse which is cool.

Looks like I will have to continue pressing mute button then before selecting reverse. Thanks for your help.

If you haven't got a phone kit then you could always come up with a circuit that grounds the Tel Mute line when the reversing lights are on?

If you haven't got a phone kit then you could always come up with a circuit that grounds the Tel Mute line when the reversing lights are on?

Yeah I agree, simple reverse signal wire.

Also reminds me of when we were discussing the radio mute pin when BT kit was fitted, damn was it really that long ago.

I like the fact the newer pdc modules on the 8P lower the radio volume now, installed latest M version & that worked.

Just to hijack this thread, I have an RNSE and Bose system would I need a vag-com to mute the volume when I select reverse?
A lot more than VCDS, as muting when selecting reverse can't be coded on the RNS-E.