New clutch required following a Revo Stage 1 - A4 2.0 TFSI

Mav29

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone could help please.
I have just had a stage 1 Revo remap done to my A4 2.0 TFSI and I have been advised that my existing clutch needs replacing as it is slipping and unable to cope with the huge torque gain.
Could anyone advise whether a new replacment standard audi/equivalent clutch will suffice or do I need to be considering at an upgraded clutch plate?? Obviously not going to be a cheap replacement either way particularly the labour costs, however the famous saying, no pain, no gain!! Also, at the same time, is it recommended to change the flywheel? I'd rather not looking at the increased cost again however could someone advise please.
Frustratingly my vehicle has been put back to stock revo settings until I change my clutch!!
Many thanks and I look forward to receiving some expert opinions.
p.s 2006 vehicle age with 60k mileage!!

Id say so long as you dont plan on launching it at every possible oppourtunity then a stanard clutch will suffice, and if i were you i would do the flywheel too, chances are they are both the original items and if your clutch has worn your flywheel wont be too far behind, it will save alot of money and misery in the long run :)

Hi, I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone could help please.
I have just had a stage 1 Revo remap done to my A4 2.0 TFSI and I have been advised that my existing clutch needs replacing as it is slipping and unable to cope with the huge torque gain.
Could anyone advise whether a new replacment standard audi/equivalent clutch will suffice or do I need to be considering at an upgraded clutch plate?? Obviously not going to be a cheap replacement either way particularly the labour costs, however the famous saying, no pain, no gain!! Also, at the same time, is it recommended to change the flywheel? I'd rather not looking at the increased cost again however could someone advise please.
Frustratingly my vehicle has been put back to stock revo settings until I change my clutch!!
Many thanks and I look forward to receiving some expert opinions.
p.s 2006 vehicle age with 60k mileage!!

Hi, what bhp did you go from - to with the remap?