Small headlight problem

THERMT

Reaction score
So I fitted new 6000k headlight bulbs they are d1s. Now I’ve got an error on the dash but they still work. I wonder if they need reset or it’s just the crap bulbs. I got them from hids direct and they are adamant that their bulbs don’t cause an error.
Any ideas?

the error is bulb out on both sides. but they both work fine. its just the error on the dash thats the porblem

have you xenons retrofitted? and are your old bulbs fully blow or just lost colour? have you tried fitting them back in an see if you dont get the error.

Its an S4 with bi-xenons fitted as standard. In the winter I had trouble with the standard bulbs flashing when it was really cold and i wanted to change the colour from 4300K to 6000K anyway so i fitted these D1S factory fitted Xenon HID Replacement Bulbs 6000k | eBay . I havent tried the old bulbs as you have to take off the bumper and take out the headlights to get at them so I was looking for some more info first. Ive got a feeling if i put the old bulbs back in they will work error free but il still have the same problem

have you got accses to vag? i think you should scan it, or try your old bulbs if they work fine then the 6k are faulty, i had a set of 6k an they worked fine witout an error. now iv dowgraded to 5k but may go back to 43k depends what the 5 k are like.

so ive finally got this sorted. When i replaced the main headlight bulbs i put in some LED drls in. Ive now fitted some resistor packs to them now and the error has cleared.
crap how the dash said main beam headlight out when it was the drls
good how i dont have to take the bumper of again now though

have you got accses to vag? i think you should scan it, or try your old bulbs if they work fine then the 6k are faulty, i had a set of 6k an they worked fine witout an error. now iv dowgraded to 5k but may go back to 43k depends what the 5 k are like.

Let me know the clarity Amar as I fancy 5k, as 6 were not good enough for me tbh.

so ive finally got this sorted. When i replaced the main headlight bulbs i put in some LED drls in. Ive now fitted some resistor packs to them now and the error has cleared.
crap how the dash said main beam headlight out when it was the drls
good how i dont have to take the bumper of again now though

Without being funny, but just goes to show you should advise of anything fitted/modded into the same part, so we can give you more info towards the fault, if we'd known about the led drl's, we maybe would have suggested that in the beginning mate.

Glad sorted it anyway.

here you go Nigel,

IMG-20120522-00143.jpg