brake fluid - just top up?

z1mma

Reaction score
Hi

my brake fluid is below minimum, is it just a matter of topping it up or do i need to take it in to indy/dealers?

Thanks

I would also check for a leak in the system. Check the pedal is firm by decaying servo by pressing pedal several times. Pedal should then be firm with no give. If it travels to the floor then definitely get system checked by someone who knows hydraulic systems as you may have a leak that could get worse very quickly and you would then have limited or no brakes.

brake pedal is really stiff not loose, brakes seem to work fine had them replaced about 6 months ago, after checking the brake fluid again i can see like a yellowy liquid below min and looks like clear liquid (water?) above max

brake pedal is really stiff not loose, brakes seem to work fine had them replaced about 6 months ago, after checking the brake fluid again i can see like a yellowy liquid below min and looks like clear liquid (water?) above max

Brake pedal pumps up firm without engine running and doesn't move to floor, so hopefully you haven't got a leak. I doubt if the clear liquid at the top is water as oil floats on water so more than likely fresh brake fluid and the yellowy below min is probably aged brake fluid.
As mentioned in an earlier post have you checked the pads as they may be towards minimum and need replacing hence why the fluid level is low. Always check the obvious things first.