Hey guys, just wanted to ask a few things about the MAF.
I have a 2006 A4 2.0T FSI Multitronic S-Line.
I've got another thread about poor MPG - 12.67MPG to be exact! Anyway the car runs absolutely fine and smooth and power is there. There are no warning lights on either. Only problem is that it is drinking big time and I aint thrashing it just normal driving with the occasional pulling.
I wanted to take out the MAF and see if there is any difference, even clean it, but first of all;
- Where is the MAF and how do you take it out?
- Even though the car seems to run perfect aside from bad MPG and that there are no warning lights on, could the MAF still be dodgy?
- If it is the MAF, and I took it out, then would the car still drive normal but fuel consumption improve? Or what actually happens if you drive without a MAF and how could that impact the MPG considering no warning lights are on and car seems to drive fine?
- Will the car then give me a warning light that that MAF has been removed and leave that light on there even if I put the MAF back?
- Will a VCDS be able to identify a dodgy MAF?
- Finally, if it were the MAF, and I took it out and gave it a clean, would I notice an improvement when I took out the MAF or when I cleaned it and put it back?