JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Neutral

Status

TFSI Clutch Slip

Just thought i'd run this one past the B7 oracles on here!

MY 08 plate TFSI Quattro SE has 25k on the clock and has performed flawlessly in the 6 months that i've had it. However on a couple of occasions when accellerating at circa 60-70mph in 5th i have experienced a little clutch slip. Not really thought much of it, but not i've had the stage 1 AMD remap done i was in a similar situation on the motorway again yesterday and the same thing happened.

It pulls fine in all lower gears, i'm just a bit concerned now that the clutch isn't up to the torque of the car.

Anyone have any similar experience, thoughts on solutions?
    08 2.0 TFSI Quattro SE V2, Milltek RS4 system, RS4 ARB, AMD Stage 1 remap, Xenons, Valcona leather, RNSE, Eibach Pro Springs, Bose.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    my dtm was the same when i first got it, slipped at low revs in high gears, you could get it to last a bit longer if youre prepared to put up with it but i'd bite the bullet and get it done, do the dualmass flywheel at the same time too

5th Gear

Status
    my dtm was the same when i first got it, slipped at low revs in high gears, you could get it to last a bit longer if youre prepared to put up with it but i'd bite the bullet and get it done, do the dualmass flywheel at the same time too

Neutral

Status
    Any ideas on cost of replacement and if i do decide to get it done is it best to go OEM again, or are there any better upgrades? (without having to sell a kidney).
    08 2.0 TFSI Quattro SE V2, Milltek RS4 system, RS4 ARB, AMD Stage 1 remap, Xenons, Valcona leather, RNSE, Eibach Pro Springs, Bose.

5th Gear

Status
    genuine parts and labour (not audi) £1000-1200 depending

non genuine parts and labour £500-700 again depending

its a big job and you could cut costs by not replacing the flywheel but its a risk most people dont take me included, after having your clutch done 6 months down the line your flywheel could let loose, not only do you have to go through the whole process again but you risk fudging your new clutch too which equals more money

I fitted standard pattern bits but i suppose you could fit a sachs clutch if you really felt the need but the majority of people who have remaps run standard stuff, its not as if youre launching 500bhp at every set of lights

sorry to ruin your monday

Neutral

Status
    I think i'll see how it goes for now, it's only slipped 3 times in 6 months and only then for a split second whilst probably giving it too much beans at low revs in a high gear. Car has never been thrashed and i've never had a clutch go before, so 25k miles would be rather disappointing in a supposedly high quality car!