TFSI Clutch Slip

northernlight

Reaction score
Just thought i'd run this one past the B7 oracles on here!

MY 08 plate TFSI Quattro SE has 25k on the clock and has performed flawlessly in the 6 months that i've had it. However on a couple of occasions when accellerating at circa 60-70mph in 5th i have experienced a little clutch slip. Not really thought much of it, but not i've had the stage 1 AMD remap done i was in a similar situation on the motorway again yesterday and the same thing happened.

It pulls fine in all lower gears, i'm just a bit concerned now that the clutch isn't up to the torque of the car.

Anyone have any similar experience, thoughts on solutions?

my dtm was the same when i first got it, slipped at low revs in high gears, you could get it to last a bit longer if youre prepared to put up with it but i'd bite the bullet and get it done, do the dualmass flywheel at the same time too

my dtm was the same when i first got it, slipped at low revs in high gears, you could get it to last a bit longer if youre prepared to put up with it but i'd bite the bullet and get it done, do the dualmass flywheel at the same time too :)

Any ideas on cost of replacement and if i do decide to get it done is it best to go OEM again, or are there any better upgrades? (without having to sell a kidney).

genuine parts and labour (not audi) £1000-1200 depending

non genuine parts and labour £500-700 again depending

its a big job and you could cut costs by not replacing the flywheel but its a risk most people dont take me included, after having your clutch done 6 months down the line your flywheel could let loose, not only do you have to go through the whole process again but you risk fudging your new clutch too which equals more money

I fitted standard pattern bits but i suppose you could fit a sachs clutch if you really felt the need but the majority of people who have remaps run standard stuff, its not as if youre launching 500bhp at every set of lights

sorry to ruin your monday ;)

I think i'll see how it goes for now, it's only slipped 3 times in 6 months and only then for a split second whilst probably giving it too much beans at low revs in a high gear. Car has never been thrashed and i've never had a clutch go before, so 25k miles would be rather disappointing in a supposedly high quality car!

Hi guys, I know its quite an old threadd but thought I would ask here, my clutch started slipping recently, it was really bad a few days ago when I decided to pull out from a traffic lights like a rocket 1st gear 4000revs and it slipped, its stage 1 remap no cat, wondering if the standard LUK or Sachs will do the job or should I rather go down the route of a performnace one? Don't really think of utting any more bhp into the car for now as its going to be too costly but want to maintain the power as it is the best I could.

If you are planning on keeping the car a number of years, then you need to fit an upgraded clutch kit. Sachs will be a slight upgrade and should work well. Upping the torque is what kills clutches, not the bhp.

I have exactly the same symptoms so iv just brought lightened flywheel and southbend stage 2 clutch for my which cost 707 from 034motorsport and labour is roughly 550 once i get it done ill let you no what the setup is like as i cant find any reviews on this

FWIW,a sachs organic and LUK DMF will take you all of the way to at least 400lbs,if you don't go in for drag style starts,and will also feel and drive pretty close to the stock item.

I had a Sachs on mine previously,which eventually began to slip at around 440lbs.

I've now got a Spec Stg3+ carbon/metallic clutch and SMF,which is dealing with 540lbs happily,as well as being usable around town,where many paddle type clutches aren't.