audi remote fob.

roblane65

Reaction score
Just a quickie,does any one know can a genuine audi keyfob be re coded ? I've only got one remote for my car and have the chance of a another genuine audi fob sealed in the bag,but apparantly it's already been coded to a car. I'm lead to believe that oncea canbus transponder has been coded it cannot be recoded. can anyone tell me facts. thanks.

If its coded to another car then no, when I had my B6, I got 2 newer style B7 keys which apparently had new transponders inside & these coded fine, now my 8P newer style keys with new transponders didnt work, so there is definitely a difference in immo versions imho, 8P keys have to be partially coded by germany, then dealer does the rest, so I think maybe if you had new transponders, you could try, but of course if it fails then its a cost, hence why maybe a new one from audi is better.

On a similar topic, I have a brand new key from Audi that needs coding. Do I have to get the dealer to code it or can it be coded to my car elsewhere? i.e. anyone with a VCDS?

If you got it from audi, why didnt they offer or you get them to code it, find that a little strange tbh mate.

Because I have a local key cutter who said he could do it for half the price. Turns out he couldn't lol

Problem is most keycutters use copying machines, not coding devices, they dont actually add another key, as in key 1, 2 & 3, so if you had 2 keys in the car that according to the car are known as say key 2, it may get confused a little, who knows, but I tried to get newer style keys done for my missus temp cmax using same immo type chips, wouldnt work even if I was disposing of the originals, thus I suspect the machine they used cant copy/code the encryption etc.

thanks for that will probably try to clarify the exact condition of the key.My local dealer wants £130 for the £40 to code it + vat !!!!!.