Head unit

J0N35Y

Reaction score
Hi there, has anybody had any dealings with this head unit from that popular trading site

Sorry no link but I'm on my phone

eBay 250947351969

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
Mark

Isnt that the dynavin unit & by all reports its terrible.

You not thought about the audi sat nav system mate?

To be honest mate I'm completely new to this ICE market. You have confirmed my suspicions on that anyway. Where can i pick up one of these Audi unit's then?

A link would be superb!!

Cheers

RNS-E. Can anybody tell me what these are like? Sorry but you will have to give me the idiots guide.

Seen some on eBay.

Would i be able to connect my ipod directly to the unit and would it show the track names etc from the iPod??

Many thanks

Mark

RNS-E usually go for around £600...

You can connect your ipod etc via a Dension unit for additional £££

Or you can get a cheap MMI lead from ebay (if you have the right unit), for £10 or so, but you will have no track info and will lose your CD changer.

I have to be honest if the Dynavin was running Android I would be tempted if I didn't have the RNS-E already. An Android head unit would be quite a versatile bit of kit.

I've managed to get a decent amount of music onto 2 4GD SD cards for my RNS (Its the MK1 so fussy with cards).

JJMurphy - in your sig it says Ashtray Mod - whats that?

I have to be honest if the Dynavin was running Android I would be tempted if I didn't have the RNS-E already. An Android head unit would be quite a versatile bit of kit.

I've managed to get a decent amount of music onto 2 4GD SD cards for my RNS (Its the MK1 so fussy with cards).

JJMurphy - in your sig it says Ashtray Mod - whats that?

There are a few different variations... and if I had an Ipod/Iphone it'd be a docking station, but I'm an android guy... I've yet to decide if it's going to be additional 12v points under the ash tray or a charging dock for my HTC. When I get round to doing it I'll post a few pics!

Im not sure if it is the dynavin?? Doesnt state it??

Can i rephrase the question and say is there a genuine headunit out there with DVD, sat nav etc that will connect directly to iPod displaying track names etc??

You would need a rns-e with a media adapter attached adding dvd player & ami system for proper ipod/iphone connectivity.

Ah just realised its a B7 so the ami wont work in that car without creating its own network, which would be hideously expensive, but rns would still be fine & has sd card slots aswell, if you added the audi BT & the multifunction wheel it works very well.

So the guy reckons it's not dynavin. Anyone out there tried one??

Looks suspicious close to it then if its not.

You would need a rns-e with a media adapter attached adding dvd player & ami system for proper ipod/iphone connectivity.

What sort of money am i looking at with that?

Yeah it does sound a bit dodgy as he never said what make it is.

Waiting to hear back the answer.

I put a kenwood dnx7220 in my b7 , it has full touch screen controls,dvd player satnav and ipod connection and it displays track names, artist and cover picture just like the i pod does, they are £1000 new, but if you look on ebay etc you can find some bargains, picked mine up for £400.
Hope this helps

I put a kenwood dnx7220 in my b7 , it has full touch screen controls,dvd player satnav and ipod connection and it displays track names, artist and cover picture just like the i pod does, they are £1000 new, but if you look on ebay etc you can find some bargains, picked mine up for £400.
Hope this helps

Thanks for your input mate, I'm looking at keeping it OEM really.

Looks like it's going to be pretty expensive whatever route i take!

The dis is blank with the kenwood,doesnt display anything, not found it an issue to be honest

iv seen the 1 in the link fitted to a golf and a a4
when they work they work good
but they do have a few problems i wouldnt waste my cash on 1

The dis is blank with the kenwood,doesnt display anything
That's enough of a reason for me to rule it out completely - being able to see route instructions in the DIS instead of having to look right down at the sat nav screen is an important safety feature IMHO.

Hi jon35y,

My mates just put one in his a4 2007 170, anyway, lots of problems getting it too work, its certainly not plug and play as stated, after many man hours and a little help from halfords beleive it or not.... it does about 80% of the claimed features... his bluetooth works on the odd occasion, his steering wheel controls now do not work at all, and the radio has its problems, though the dvd and freeview work great.

Personally i would urge you to go down the audi route, although check they're not hooky and buy from a reputable seller, i really don't think my mates unit will ever work as described.

Couldnt agree more with you Dave, having recently done another UK-Italy track in the missus cmax , it was invaluable in dis aswell as nav, also on previous trips with the audi's the dis is invaluable, another reason aftermarket isnt for me in those cars :)

Hi jon35y,

My mates just put one in his a4 2007 170, anyway, lots of problems getting it too work, its certainly not plug and play as stated, after many man hours and a little help from halfords beleive it or not.... it does about 80% of the claimed features... his bluetooth works on the odd occasion, his steering wheel controls now do not work at all, and the radio has its problems, though the dvd and freeview work great.

Personally i would urge you to go down the audi route, although check they're not hooky and buy from a reputable seller, i really don't think my mates unit will ever work as described.

Thanks for that mate. It does seem a bit too good to be true for the money.
And the fact the seller won't tell me what make it is just seals it for me!!

Right guy's i have decided that RNS-E isnthe way i want to go. Again i need the idiots guide.

Which one will fit an A4 avant with BOSE 55 plate B7.

Is it a straight swap or will i need extra cable's or coding?

Many thanks

Mark

I did PM you mate, did you not get that :)

Damn it, I sent about 200 last week, I'll login & resend it, sorry mate.