• 1 Post By bez101
  • 1 Post By spider74
  • 1 Post By jdp1962
  • 1 Post By AudiB7Jay

Thread: RS4 rear anti roll bar

Neutral

Status

RS4 rear anti roll bar

Hi.. where is the cheapest to buy the rs4 rear roll bar? And i take it i need the arb bushes and brackets to go with it?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    audi
    bowen likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Stoke Audi on the forums quoted me about £65 I think a few months ago, £10 or so cheaper than my local Audi dealer. But either way, it's not an expensive mod.

5th Gear

Status
    is the much to gain from this modification? thinking of having it done once i get coilovers

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    is the much to gain from this modification? thinking of having it done once i get coilovers
    Absolutely
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

5th Gear

Status
    Yes, makes a big difference to body roll.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Neutral

Status
    Made a big difference to the handling IMO, helped the understeer a lot. Here are the part numbers i asked for.

RS4 Rear ARB Kit including:
    1 x RS4 Rear Sway Bar (Part #8E0511409AL)
    2 x RS4 Rear Sway Bar Bushings (Part #8E0511327D)
    2 x Bushing Brackets (Part #8E0511439)
    4 x Bolts for Brackets (Part #N10127707)
    2 x Bolts for ARB links (Part #N10528103)
    Dan11 likes this.
    Audi DTM edition, Sprint Blue, MRC remap, milltek, RS4 RARB.

1st Gear

Status
    Did mine on Saturday.

I bought the ARB, bushing, bushing bracket and bracet bolts. Used the original drop link bolt.

Tricky part was getting the ARB out from behind the twin exhuasts (170TDI) I undid the two brackets holding the exhaust at the back and dropped it onto an axle stand - I reversed the car onto some ramps.

Only took about an hour including a cuppa.

1st Gear

Status
    Not much difference in size is there??

1st Gear

Status
    There is only mm in it but then when you uprate an ARB for any vehicle the difference is only a few mm.

It certainly feels flatter in corners and doesn't roll quite as much.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spider74 View Post
    Made a big difference to the handling IMO, helped the understeer a lot. Here are the part numbers i asked for.

how much did you pay for all this lot surely a bit more than the £65-75 quoted a few posts up?

1st Gear

Status
    This sounds like a really usefull mod but would you notice that much of a difference if they where already running a Quattro.....could a silly question but need to ask it......cheers,

2.0 T Avant quattro s-line.2005

Tiptronic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by John@mk View Post
    This sounds like a really usefull mod but would you notice that much of a difference if they where already running a Quattro.....could a silly question but need to ask it......cheers,
    Seconded on the difference to a Quattro... although wouldn't the ARB be the same Quattro or not??

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

5th Gear

Status
    slighly increased amount/risk of oversteer on quattro im thinking?

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny87 View Post
    how much did you pay for all this lot surely a bit more than the £65-75 quoted a few posts up?
    Jonny i believe the parts cost bout £180, i seem to recall someone else doing this mod and i seem to remember £180 being said as the price they paid, i may be wrong tho, so dont take that price as definite
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Definately worth doing on the quattros works really well,the car feels much more planted.Such a easy mod also cheapish to do.
    06 A4 AVANT QUATTRO 2.0T S-LINE SE,GARNET RED, RS4 REAR ARB,SPACERS ALLROUND,H & R SPRINGS,B5 PERCHES,A6 V8 RIMS.PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO S SIX POTS .REVO ST2 MAP ,MILLTEK CATBACK EXHAUST,PANEL FILTER,034 INTAKE PIPE.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    Jonny i believe the parts cost bout £180, i seem to recall someone else doing this mod and i seem to remember £180 being said as the price they paid, i may be wrong tho, so dont take that price as definite
    cheers mate, £180 aint extortionate for all that lot and if spending x amount on other suspension upgrades then why the hell not

Neutral

Status
    You can get all the parts for £75 inc vat so deffo worth doing

Neutral

Status
    check this on ebay.

Just done it to mine but not driven it beforehand or after as im waiting for the log book to tax it, cant wait to get it on the road

Front anti roll bar Audi A4 B5 / Passat B5 8D0411309K New genuine Audi part | eBay
    drivers side s line fog light wanted for 07 bumper.
    cash waiting

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DOLPHIN DIESEL View Post
    check this on ebay.

Just done it to mine but not driven it beforehand or after as im waiting for the log book to tax it, cant wait to get it on the road

Front anti roll bar Audi A4 B5 / Passat B5 8D0411309K New genuine Audi part | eBay
    That's a front ARB for a B5 A4?
    The Front ARB on the B7 A4 and B7 RS4 are the same width if I remember correctly, so no need to change the front

Neutral

Status
    Had mine done at AMD Essex last week on my tfsi quattro. Parts cost £75 i think plus labour to fit. Didn't believe the hype that it would 'tranform' the car, but i was actually quite shocked at how much flatter it makes the car when cornering. Highly recommended!
    08 2.0 TFSI Quattro SE V2, Milltek RS4 system, RS4 ARB, AMD Stage 1 remap, Xenons, Valcona leather, RNSE, Eibach Pro Springs, Bose.

4th Gear

Status
    An old thread I know and a mod a lot of have visited several times, myself included. Wondered if anyone had the 22mm RS4 rear ARB for sale if they were selling the car or upgrading to aftermarket ARB's etc. if so please drop me a PM. Cheers
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is a mod i have been considering for a while myself, think it may be time to get the parts ordered and try it out before they go up in price anymore

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Get it done. Pound for pound, the best mod you do on a B6/B7.
    Audi A4 S line likes this.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2nd Gear

Status
    Does the 2005.5 S4 have the same diameter as the RS4? I believe the later models are, but not sure about the early B7's.

Neutral

Status
    Can this mod be done on a avant estate?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    It can be done on all B6/7s, regardless of engine, body shape etc.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Neutral

Status
    Next mod on the list then I thinks

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    It can be done on all B6/7s, regardless of engine, body shape etc.
    Would you happen to know if they share the same part numbers for the avant & saloon arb fella?
    A4 1.8t B7 S-Line Avant Stage 1 Remap

Neutral

Status
    They're the same bars.

I did this a couple of weeks ago and the prices have gone up since some of the posts on here, in total it's about £170 now with all the bolts, brackets, bushes etc.. although I did replace the drop links too, that was from TPS with trade discount too!

Engine knackered!!

Status
    If anyone reading this thread is still unsure about this mod, having bought and fitted one myself I can say it's most definately the best mod and first mod you should do on your car after fault repairs and general servicing (including PCV & turbo bypass valve replacements).

The A4 handles poorly with the smaller standard rear ARBs fitted. The front ARB on all models is the same beefy item. Audi really should have put the RS4 rear 24mm ARB on all models as it stops the lean and lurching between corners and literally transforms the handling. I was pleasantly amazed at the difference. My built thread (link in signature) has part details, prices and photos of the ARB being fitted.

As been said before, DO IT!!
    Audi A4 B7 2004 red 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sport saloon, Servotronic steering, MFSW, CDIS, DRL with Coming Home, auto dual xenon lights/wipers/mirrors, split folding rear seats, 3rd headrest, centre armrest, Isofix mounts, RS4 rear ARB, pedals & carbon dash trims; Audi TTS 9Jx18alloys (2 sets), Yokohama AD08 summer, Conti TS830P winter 245/40/18 tyres, TPI 15/20 spacers/lockers, Pipercross filter, GFB DV+ turbo valve, NGK BKR7EIX plugs, Osram Silverstar Xenarc D1S bulbs. Build thread

Neutral

Status
    Just found myself 2nd hand rear arb £40+postage happy days anyone no what size powerflex bushers I'll need?? Cheers

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spider74 View Post

£149.90 inc VAT at audi Lincoln I rang them this morning
    al_p likes this.
    Revo stage 1, Revo Panel Filter, 034 motorsport street density engine mounts, 034 motorsport street density gearbox mount, 034 motorsport race density snub mount, Bilstein strut top mounts, Bilstein PS fluid, FK highsport Coilovers, 18" diamond cut alloys, 6000k 55W fast start HID's, 6000k HID fogs, LED interior and exterior lights, pressed plates and fly eyed front and rear light clusters inc fog lights.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AudiB7Jay View Post
    £149.90 inc VAT at audi Lincoln I rang them this morning
    Even at that price, and with an hour and half's labour to get fitted, it's still the best pound for pound mod that can be done to any B6 or B7.