Porsche Cayenne Six Pots

ANDYTQ

Reaction score
Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
I have picked up some cayenne 6 pot caliper and am planning to convert with merc ml55 discs and rs 4 hoses,but need some different mounting bolts to fit ie 16mm reducing to 14mm thread ,has anyone done this conversion if so where did you source the bolts from.I know i can get special ones from the US but just wondering if theres a uk option,thanks Andy

Hi try porschecalipers.co.uk they offer machining and kits ect to allow porsche calipers to be used on other cars

Found some scrap aircraft tubing in work which should work well as sleeving,i have found high tensile bolts to order,discs have arrived as have pad fitting kit just need to pick up.Calipers are being sprayed black in work next week,new stickers on order.Just need some rs4 hoses from mrc to complete the kit,then i shall do a dry run to make sure my rims fit over them before swapping over.cheers Andy.

hello very interestred in your thread because i have had some of these calipers lying about for ages i was going to fit to my b5 but never got round to it do you have to use caliper carriers to fit to b7 i think i have the same discs aswell are they 350mm in size . hope you get this sorted . i know this dosent help just very interestred in this thread

No carriers needed on b6/7 bolt straight on with adaptor bolts or bolts and 1mm sleeves.I think ml55 345 mm discs are the prefered option,the offset on the 350 mm ones is different and too far in and too close to the upright or so i read on audizine.It will be a couple of weeks before i will have time to get them on with easter etc in the way.cheers Andy

i hope you put photos when on should look sweet and stop even better i might even find a use for mine ha ha

All painted black now,new graphics,new bleed nipples,pad retainers,new main bolts.Will get the disc centre hub bore machined out by 1mm next week in work just waiting for mrc to get stock of hoses now,unless somebody knows of a alturnative supplier of braided rs4 hoses with the right angle fittings,stoptech do them but cant find a stockist that keep the hoses.Busy for the next few weeks so wont have chance to get them on especially with the hose problem.

Calipers as they were.
2012-03-25120346.jpg

thats gunna be one mint brake set up lad!

Hoses back in stock at mrc and on their way to me.:)
kit looking good did you get bolts sorted .because jhm do them in states .can we not use s4 discs on this set up . also how much did it cost all in ? hope you dont mind me asking loving the thread

Bought bolts,will be using sleeves instead of stepped bolts.S4 discs are wrong offset for calipers too much would have to be machined off caliper mounts.Merc c32 discs will also fit but need more machining,i will probably get jhm two piece discs later when funds are available.

Is that £700 including calipers? Thats a fantastic price for not so small brake setup.

Will this brake setup clear the standard B7 wheels?

Once the brakes are fitted I don't suppose you could post what is required? Quite like to have these on mine.

All inc calipers (used),new pagid ml discs,original pads really good so will reuse.mrc rs4 braided hoses.Hopefully standard 18" wheels will fit according to audizine guys they do,hence i will do a dry run first before disconnecting the hoses.I beleive the disc shields have to be removed and to ensure enough discs clearance a small amount of material may need to be removed off the main alloy upright in 2 places ,i think they were only talking about 1-2mm max i will try to post up audizine link loads of info on there.

Calipers to look for are cayenne six pots for 18" wheel option 18zl and 18zr are cast into the caliper.Toureg are the same except they are not painted ,unlike the cayenne which are normally painted silver or black and are for 350mm disc original fitment,make sure they are not the 17zl and zr calipers,as they require 330mm discs of another merc model,the audizine thread covers all this .Merc ML55 discs can be bought from £36 each ,pagid are oe quality and were only £46 each and cheaper than c32 discs.Lucky with calipers they were £500 and local.

Cheers for the info. I had a quick sniff about the interweb and I found the Toureg and Q7 calipers are the same - prices are lower though (amusing how writing Porsche on something adds a couple of hundred quid!). I found a pic on google of a green TT (old shape) with these calipers behind 18" BBS CH alloys (my A4 has these alloys, apparently they were an option but I don't think many folk ticked the box) not sure if the offset is the same. I asked about fit because I don't really want to go larger with the wheels. Not a fan of the huge alloys/belly dragging scene. Although I'd have to go for "look at me" red or yellow caliper paint :)

Stunned the discs are so cheap. Usually when you beef up calipers you get lumbered with horrifically expensive discs (Had Alcon Prodrive calipers on an Impreza and the disc cost was obscene!)

EDIT - have you reversed the calipers? Yes, yes you have :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ANDYTQ
Calipers need to have a external link pipe which will have to be swapped from top to bottom with thebleed nipples to keep the staggered pistons sizes working the correct way,this needs to be done because the calipers on the cayenne fit facing forward and the a4 faces back.Some toureg calipers dont have this pipe so not a option.Keep calipers left and right not just swap them over as some people have done.

Discs machined yesterday i'm away from thurs to sun so next week when i'm afternoon shift if the weathers dry i should start to get it sorted with free mornings,thats the theory anyway.Plus my new leave starts on next tuesday so may take a couple of hours off to get it done before the next vag events.

If all ok i should have a spare set of main ,high tensile bolts with aircraft alloy sleeves for the next nutter that wants to have a go,or if they dont fit behind my 2 sets of 18's a full kit will be available.lol.

carnt wait to see finished if the bolts and sleaves are avaible how much do you want ? also with the mrc lines do you get the correct fittings with them

Well i'm back ,weather not as planned lol,came home to fences blown down,had to get a large tree cut down because it was dangerous,etc.Andymc somebody beat you to the bolts,but will keep you in mind if something changes.Mrc hoses look correct ie one piece with right angle connector at caliper end as apposed to rs4 hoses which are twopiece ie short hard pipe section at caliper end , so should look neater too.

Discs fit b7 with 1mm removed from the centre bore,also no upright/spindle grinding required(i took a bit off a protruding casting but i was being really fussy),a slight possiblity of keeping the disc backing plates if modified too !
SAMGSUNGPHONEPICS190.jpg

When bolting caliper to hub there is no thread because the thread is in the original carrier,the cayenne caliper fits the other side of the hub flange which then has to be bolted on with bolts and nuts,unfortunately the bolts i ordered were slightly too short ,ie thread came through the nut but not enough to fit washers,so will have to order some slightly longer ones.Spacers i made in work worked a treat to centralise the caliper where it go's from 16mm to 14mm.
SAMGSUNGPHONEPICS199.jpg