Hvac flap position help

harmless

Reaction score
Can any one help me solve my ongoing issue with my hvac flap

Basicly I've come to service the car all fine and then running the diagnostics the hvac flap was showing errors, fixed this before pain, anyway that is now fixed but I'm not convinced that the flap is in the correct passitions. When I set the air con to recirculate the flap opens half way is this correct? Normal flow the flap is closed

I had to remove the motor remove casing and the cogs had all seized some genre purswation and some grease it's now operating correctly, vagcom connected shows value 1 on basic measurements in the hvac all 1-5 go up ascending however value 6 (fan /recirtulation flat) goes the other way

Is this normal

So you've done a basic setting calibration?

Yep basic settings and let it change all the flap options etc however when I put it all back together the variable resister that indicates its position had to be removed cleaned and it wasn't self adjusting untill I set it to the 0 ohm position it now moves back and forth correctly but unsure of its on te correct possibility on recirculating flap position can be seen when the side cover on the glove box is removed without having to remove the glove box you can jut see the flap

Come again, with some commas & better spelling please as makes life hard to understand what you mean fella :)