Thoughts on AMD Remap?

northernlight

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on a stage 1 AMD remap for my 08 TFSI quattro SE. Was wondering if anyone else on here has had this done and thoughts on the usability of the extra power? I've been told the bhp will go up from 220 to about 255.

I'm also thinking of having the diverter valve upgraded to the newer piston type at the same time as a precaution.

Which amd location are you referring to?

Should be fine & power will be noticable, you'll enjoy thats for sure, but it leads to a long path lol.

Thanks...that's what i'm worried about. Already looking at lowered springs and RS4 anti roll bar, which when allied ot the remap and new diverter valve is kidney trade in territory!!

Thanks...that's what i'm worried about. Already looking at lowered springs and RS4 anti roll bar, which when allied ot the remap and new diverter valve is kidney trade in territory!!
Rs4 anti roll bar is a Great mod to do and you will sure see the difference, would recommend it if your chipping aswell.. Easy DIY job aswell and only cost about £35 for the bar. Tho I would suggest on getting the bushes and the clamp aswell as I used the origianls an was a mega pain.. Had to just clamps and a lot of swearing to the the dam things In place to screw them up

Mine is a chipped using the bluefin device and to be fair it's a massive difference and haven't had any problems yet over 2yrs with it.. However does hold you back if you want to do other things like dpf bypass etc

Really I'm sure it wasn't when I brought mine, just brought the bar without the bushes.. I could be wrong but I defintly didn't pay 80-90 stoke Audi I got mine from remember looking at the local audinand they wanted twice as much as stoke

The bar without bushes, clamp or new bolts is now £72, if you're referring to the B7 22mm rear bar, with bushes, clamp & bolts, its approx £90.

I wouldn't give them the time of day myself, pretty much like they didn't to me when I went to enquire about EGR deletion.

So instead of a 5 mile drive I went to R-Tech in Leicester for my recent map, Have used them before and was not dissapointed again.

Would not use AMD for anything out of principle now!!

Not quite on topic but, David Cook, how has your car been with egr removed? Probably having mine mapped with dpf and egr removed

I wouldn't give them the time of day myself, pretty much like they didn't to me when I went to enquire about EGR deletion.

So instead of a 5 mile drive I went to R-Tech in Leicester for my recent map, Have used them before and was not dissapointed again.

Would not use AMD for anything out of principle now!!

Would you say it was because it wasnt a big job for them & thus not interested or they didnt seem like they could do the job?

Well thus far they have been very good with my enquiries, replying to my drove of email queries within an hour or two each time. Pricing seems competitive as well and they seem very knowledgeable about specifics for the B7 (diverter valve, RS4 ARB etc).

Booked the car in with them to have it all done so will post a report afterwards....

Not quite on topic but, David Cook, how has your car been with egr removed? Probably having mine mapped with dpf and egr removed

Has been fine, lot more responsive and removed some hesitation, which may be turbo lag, or the fact that the EGR was needing replacing.

Would you say it was because it wasnt a big job for them & thus not interested or they didnt seem like they could do the job?

Probably because it wasn't a big job. But in business that's very stupid as they have lost my custom and I spend lots on my car!!