Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    27

    CD changer Product Cod? can read MP3 CDs?

    hi guys. my A4 B7 is with Audi concert2 +. And i'm looking for a CD changer for it. Can anyone find the Product Code for me plz?
    Also, does the CD changer read MP3 CDs? as i know my head unit can read MP3 CDs.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    PetrolDave's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    Also, does the CD changer read MP3 CDs?
    No it doesn't.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

  4. #3
    Macdoon's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,487
    Have glovebox mutichanger & it reads mp3
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    27
    What's your part number if you know something about it?

  6. #5
    PetrolDave's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Have glovebox mutichanger & it reads mp3
    Then it's not the Audi OE CD changer for the B6/B7 - that only reads audio CDs.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

  7. #6
    Macdoon's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Then it's not the Audi OE CD changer for the B6/B7 - that only reads audio CDs.
    No disrespect but...........it's OEM fitted by Audi, and i'm playing cd's loaded with mp3 tracks, and if it shouldn't then bonus for me
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

  8. #7
    A4Ade's Avatar
    Back from the dead

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    80
    I could be wrong, but won't the head unit determine what can be played? I'd have assumed the changer is just a reader (I.e. it reads 1s and 0s irrespective of what encoding they represent)? So if you both have the same OEM changer, but with different head units, then maybe that's why you have different experience of what can be played?

    Just a thought! :-)

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Chepstow, South Wales
    Posts
    28
    CD changers are analogue units, so they don't provide digits to the head unit but an audio signal - the processor is in the changer I'm afraid

  10. #9
    PetrolDave's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    No disrespect but...........it's OEM fitted by Audi, and i'm playing cd's loaded with mp3 tracks, and if it shouldn't then bonus for me
    What's the Audi part number then?

    Every Audi forum I've visited over the last 10+ years has had posts from Audi owners saying:

    - Symphony II internal CD changer plays only audio CDs
    - Symphony II+ internal CD changer plays audio and MP3 CDs
    - glovebox changer only plays audio CDs not MP3 CDs, regardless of the head unit (as already said the Cd changer to head unit connection is analgoue)

    And you're saying different to that...

    Are you 100% sure the tracks are saved as MP3 files and that your burner hasn't changed them to audio format (as that's what Windows Media Player does when you tell it to burn a CD from MP3 files)?

    Try taking one of your "MP3" CDs out of the glovebox changer and putting in your PC - what files are shown? It wouldn't surprise me if they are not xxx.MP3 but xxx.CDA files...
    Last edited by PetrolDave; 18th March 2012 at 10:05.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

  11. #10
    Macdoon's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    What's the Audi part number then?

    Every Audi forum I've visited over the last 10+ years has had posts from Audi owners saying:

    - Symphony II internal CD changer plays only audio CDs
    - Symphony II+ internal CD changer plays audio and MP3 CDs
    - glovebox changer only plays audio CDs not MP3 CDs, regardless of the head unit (as already said the Cd changer to head unit connection is analgoue)

    And you're saying different to that...

    Are you 100% sure the tracks are saved as MP3 files and that your burner hasn't changed them to audio format (as that's what Windows Media Player does when you tell it to burn a CD from MP3 files)?

    Try taking one of your "MP3" CDs out of the glovebox changer and putting in your PC - what files are shown? It wouldn't surprise me if they are not xxx.MP3 but xxx.CDA files...
    Well I'm no techy, but I will defo stick one in my laptop and see what happens, the daughter says the music she has put on disc are mp3!
    But chill out a bit, and I'll let you know
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

  12. #11
    PetrolDave's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    1,471
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Well I'm no techy, but I will defo stick one in my laptop and see what happens, the daughter says the music she has put on disc are mp3!
    That's my point, unless you specifically tell Windows to create a data CD it will convert the MP3s to CDAs - so if you just burn MP3s onto a CD you end up with an audio CD and not an MP3 CD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    But chill out a bit, and I'll let you know
    No need to chill, I'm sub-zero.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

  13. #12
    Macdoon's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    That's my point, unless you specifically tell Windows to create a data CD it will convert the MP3s to CDAs - so if you just burn MP3s onto a CD you end up with an audio CD and not an MP3 CD.


    No need to chill, I'm sub-zero.
    I bow to your knowledge Dave, learn something new everyday, daughter is in for an arse kickin' lol


    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

  14. #13
    NHN
    NHN's Avatar
    Modmetractor

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Coding Something
    Posts
    26,729
    I concur with Dave on this one, WMP does this 100%, if you dont specify, but as said, quick check is put disc into pc/laptop, check what file extensions are being used.

    OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

    PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

  15. #14
    A4Ade's Avatar
    Back from the dead

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    80
    Another (quicker) check is for you to just define 'loaded with'. If each disc has 100s of tracks then they aren't audio CDs. If just 10-20 then probably are...

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Burning mp3/data CDs with Itunes
    By kolash in forum In-Car Entertainment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25th January 2012, 19:13
  2. 6 cd changer mp3 ??
    By cliveywolves in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12th August 2008, 18:42
  3. Playing CDs with MP3 Tracks - Audi A6
    By paulgalpin in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31st October 2006, 15:50
  4. HELP! CD Autochanger won't read any CDs
    By comdw in forum In-Car Entertainment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12th October 2006, 12:59
  5. Symphony II read MP3 discs?
    By steve184 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th September 2006, 11:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO