dtuk box

liam-tdi

Reaction score
Hi people, ive got a dtuk box for the pd 2.0 tdi engine, I bought it for an a3 but will it work on a a4 with the same engine, im pretty sure it will but just want conformation.

Cheers, Liam.

Yes it will mate if its the same engine.

Yeh thats what I have always thought, but im trying to sell the box, had somebody intrested who owns a a4 he emailed dtuk just for conformation and they said it would need to be re calibrated, where as in the instructions it says it calibrates to the car???

I dont know if dtuk are telling the truth or being dishonest to make a sale.

Well PM Andrew, the MD. He's a member on here and if he says it needs calibrating then I would think he may know what he's talking about. I don't mean that to sound as though I'm having a go, I just mean that Andrew knows the score with these boxes. Which box is it you have? Green? Red? etc

Yeh thats what I have always thought, but im trying to sell the box, had somebody intrested who owns a a4 he emailed dtuk just for conformation and they said it would need to be re calibrated, where as in the instructions it says it calibrates to the car???

I dont know if dtuk are telling the truth or being dishonest to make a sale.

The bloc calibrates itself to the car, if you're going to transfer the system then we recommend resetting the calibration to save any issues with the next car.

And some of the late plate 2.0 pd engine use the 5 pin 1.9 loom rather than the usual 9 pin plug.

Its 9 pin, can you explain further, what problems would we expect to see by transfering the box from an a3 to an a4? and does this apply to any car as the box has been on two different a3's numerous times without any problems.