Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: dtuk box

Reverse Gear

Status

dtuk box

Hi people, ive got a dtuk box for the pd 2.0 tdi engine, I bought it for an a3 but will it work on a a4 with the same engine, im pretty sure it will but just want conformation.

Cheers, Liam.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yes it will mate if its the same engine.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    Yes it will mate if its the same engine.
    Yeh thats what I have always thought, but im trying to sell the box, had somebody intrested who owns a a4 he emailed dtuk just for conformation and they said it would need to be re calibrated, where as in the instructions it says it calibrates to the car???

I dont know if dtuk are telling the truth or being dishonest to make a sale.

5th Gear

Status
    Well PM Andrew, the MD. He's a member on here and if he says it needs calibrating then I would think he may know what he's talking about. I don't mean that to sound as though I'm having a go, I just mean that Andrew knows the score with these boxes. Which box is it you have? Green? Red? etc

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by liam-tdi View Post
    Yeh thats what I have always thought, but im trying to sell the box, had somebody intrested who owns a a4 he emailed dtuk just for conformation and they said it would need to be re calibrated, where as in the instructions it says it calibrates to the car???

I dont know if dtuk are telling the truth or being dishonest to make a sale.
    The bloc calibrates itself to the car, if you're going to transfer the system then we recommend resetting the calibration to save any issues with the next car.

Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

5th Gear

Status
    There you go. Sorted

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

Status
    And some of the late plate 2.0 pd engine use the 5 pin 1.9 loom rather than the usual 9 pin plug.

Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Its 9 pin, can you explain further, what problems would we expect to see by transfering the box from an a3 to an a4? and does this apply to any car as the box has been on two different a3's numerous times without any problems.