TFSI Coil Pack Query

northernlight

Reaction score
Morning all,

Just a quick query that someone might have some advice on. I have read in the past about the 2.0 tfsi engine having an unofficial coil pack recall done to upgrade the B7 to the B8 coil packs. This seemed to have a reference of '28E9 Product enhancement campaign', or someting similar. Just booked my 08 tfsi quattro in for a service with Audi and said this to them, and drew a complete blank.

The woman at the Audi garage just said nothing came up on my chassis number. Does anyone know if there's something else i need to quote? I tried pressing the point but she said nothing doing.

I'm pretty sure it won't already have been done as the car has only covered 25k miles and last service was 18 months ago.

Thanks

There is an offical recall on them not sure what years it covers though sorry your may already be fitted with new version ? Mine was done under recall but its an 06 !

Had all four done on my 05 2.0TFSIQ, as yours is a newer car, yours might already have the new coil packs fitted.

Thanks guys. I'll query them on it again when i take it in tomorrow. Maybe as it's one of the very last ones on an 08 plate it did indeed already have later coil packs fitted.

Let us know how you get on. I have a '57 plate and have been wondering about this.

I have an 05 T FSi and have just had my coil packs changed this morning at Audi Stockport.
When I rang them last week all they needed was my Reg plate and the recall came up immediately.
I would say that if nothing comes up on their systems based on your plate or chassis number then you must have the B8 coil packs all ready fitted.

Car had it's service on Tues and I raised the point again. They double checked my chassis number and nothing came up so they said it wasn't necessary. Presume the later B7's must have the upgraded coils already. I hope!