AFTER MARKET CHINESE SATNAV

johnmandy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought i might ask the question here,

My mates got an a4 sline 170 tdi,
Anyway he,s just fitted an aftermarket chinese sat nav i think from a company called synter.
He,s got as far as fitting it all, (certainly isn,t plug and play as suggested), but as a few issues.

1/ although he steering wheel controls with is factory fitted unit, they do not work with his new one.

2/ when making a phone call, the person phoned can hear him, but he cannot hear them.

3/ Strange one this, the satnav thinks he's in france, instead of wales, nothing we can think of changes that.

Just to add, all the wiring as far as i know is correct and to supplied instructions.

Thanks in hand if anyone can help.

john

If its the unit I think it is, then its a piece of rubbish, had number of reports to this effect, assume its the one that resembles the audi unit?

Why didnt you go down the audi route?

Thanks NHN,
If you re-read my post you will find i mentioned my mate recently installed the ebay sat-nav,
I actually have the rnse unit in mine, short of 7 digit post code facility, i find it perfect.
I have now asked him to join the forum, he can then maybe keep this or his own post running, but it does look like an uphill task.
And yes it does look a little like the audi unit.