Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

just got my car remapped

Hello Chaps,

Thought i should post my news here. I just got my 56 plate A4 Quattro Avant 170TDI (65k miles) mapped by Richard at RHS performance with an evolution remap. I chose evolution as my brother has had his car remapped with a milltek DPF bypass pipe for 18months and is very happy with Richards service and the remap.

I have been wanting to do this for ages but was concerned about the DMF/clutch and juddering that has been reported by some. Well i have yet to experience any juddering and am very happy so far. Now the missus is not going to complain that i have broken the car and the why do we need a new clutch/DMF story has been avoided for the time being. I am going to take it further and get the DPF removed by Richard next week. He seems to do a lot of DPF removals too when i turned up he had just finished removing the inside of another problematic DPF and its contents where in a bucket by the door.

As for the performance like many have said before it pulls like a train in all gears all the way up to "the speed limit". So much more fun to drive makes over taking on the motorway an absolute pleasure. Seems much smoother no turbo lag a nice progressive increase in power, still keeping it quite tame at lower rpm like the original which is good as this will hopefully preserve my clutch and DMF. Straingely gear changes seem smoother to, i'm not quite sure why. It is a massive improvement but at the same time doesn't seem overly aggressive either like some maps people have reported but maybe that's my driving

Over all very happy and glad i took the plunge

ill report back once i have had my DPF removed

cheers

Matt
    Last edited by matthew999; 9th March 2012 at 19:17.
    Audi A4 2lt 170 TDI Quattro s-line, B7, BRD engine code. Mods so far; cruise control, DPF delete, EGR delete, unicorn remap, B5 perches, RS4 rear arb, RNSE with SDS, 2013 maps with speed cams, aux in, powermax remanufactured balancer, Sachs SRE organic clutch and pressure plate with LUK flywheel. Mods to do; s4 break upgrade, glove box fridge perhaps...

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Sounds great, what's the bhp/torque now

Mac
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

1st Gear

Status
    Evolution say 30hp and 75nm torque. Its not been on a rolling road either so this is a little hearsay. However my brother has same map on his a3 170 Dgs and just got 0-60 in 6.7 on dynolicous.. not sure how accurate that is and if i drove mine like him I'm sure my dmf/clutch wouldn't last too long his gearbox it mentally fast tbh.

Cheers

Matt
    Audi A4 2lt 170 TDI Quattro s-line, B7, BRD engine code. Mods so far; cruise control, DPF delete, EGR delete, unicorn remap, B5 perches, RS4 rear arb, RNSE with SDS, 2013 maps with speed cams, aux in, powermax remanufactured balancer, Sachs SRE organic clutch and pressure plate with LUK flywheel. Mods to do; s4 break upgrade, glove box fridge perhaps...

6th Gear

Status
    Seems like a sensible increase that the 170 should easily cope with
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Neutral

Status
    Nice one, Matt. I had mine done as well (A4 Cab 140) and it seems soooo much quicker now. I think it's the torque which has really made such a difference. Overtaking is great, I can pull away in 6th on the motorway and it just flies.

My friend has a 170 A4 and we compared them, and they seem to be around the same now, so I am guessing mine has increased quite a lot since the map.

I did have a problem with my flywheel though. I think it was on its way out to start with, but after the map, it just seemed to highlight the problem even more!