Cambelt tensioners and waterpump change

noddylex

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am looking for a reliable trustworthy garage in Teesside area to do FULL cambelt including tensioners and water pump replacement at a reasonable cost.
Just come back from Audi main dealer and needed a stiff whisky after the shock of the price. Quoted £850 but that did include the other auxhilary belt (lol).
Just bought the car and already spent money on refurbished wheels and tyres as the looked a bit shabby.
Many thanks.

don't know any garages up there, but I just had my cam belt, tensioner, aux belt and water pump done at my Audi dealer for £390 so that dealer is having a laugh!

Hi there,
Thanks for that. I also think they are having a laugh. I do not think there should be much difference in price between a Quatro and my 2.5 diesel.
Cheers.

Hello All,
I am looking for a reliable trustworthy garage in Teesside area to do FULL cambelt including tensioners and water pump replacement at a reasonable cost.
Just come back from Audi main dealer and needed a stiff whisky after the shock of the price. Quoted £850 but that did include the other auxhilary belt (lol).
Just bought the car and already spent money on refurbished wheels and tyres as the looked a bit shabby.
Many thanks.

You don't mention what engine it is you have but if its Vee configuration the price quoted is about right for the Main Dealer ( Teesside Audi charge £99/hour).
That said if you want an Indy in the area I would recommend Volkswerk on North Road in the Boro. I have no affililiation and yes they can make mistakes but I have been using them for the last 15 years and they are easy to deal with and in my experience honest traders.

i take it yours is a 2.5?
quite a different/longer job doing a 2.5tdi, compared to a 1.9/2l.

Hi Paul B7,
thanks for the info. I have called them this morning and they have quoted me £624 for the 2.5 tdi V6. Thats including the dredded VAT!!

I have contacted another company in tyneside called Swift so I will let you know how much they ask for comparison. I know these people from my son who had a camshaft change done by them. They were good but maybe pricy.

Cheers.

Hi Paul B7,
thanks for the info. I have called them this morning and they have quoted me £624 for the 2.5 tdi V6. Thats including the dredded VAT!!

I have contacted another company in tyneside called Swift so I will let you know how much they ask for comparison. I know these people from my son who had a camshaft change done by them. They were good but maybe pricy.

Cheers.

Just for reference this is who I use a very reputable indi.

http://www.mackenziesvwaudi.co.uk/audi-service.php

For yours they are quoting £425. Think it's an extra £75 for waterpump these prices include vat.