Roof interference (or just effects of a full moon)

k3lvc

Reaction score
Probably my most stupid question of the day and I'm prepared for some ridicule but in the last 6 months my roof has failed in the half-open position on two occasions and subsequently needed resetting at dealer. Maybe nothing unusual in this (although having a Alfa Spider for 4 years with no such failures it's disappointing) - but strangely both happened at lunchtime within 50mtrs of each other.

Without me going back to the same location (not usually one I frequent) to test the theory and risking another dealer trip has anyone experienced localised interference that may have caused this or have I just had bad luck ?

why do you go to the dealer for the resret ?
look in the book it guides you through the reset very easy to do and saves ££££
a few things can cause your problem bad sensors pump micro switch low battery power etc
did audi give you the fault code ?
there will have been 1

Went to dealer as I was passing and they did it for free so no ££££ saving but now I'm going to go away and read the manual again.

Understand re the different faults and I'll deal with those when they give me the fault codes (I'm back on Mon for something else)

(although having a Alfa Spider for 4 years with no such failures it's disappointing)

I know this is going off on a tangent, but I am absolutely stunned by this - 4 years and no such failures? Our Alfa Spider had *so* many problems - particularly with the hydraulic roof - that we had to part-ex it for something else pretty darn sharpish! hehe :) Lovely car though - such passion.

I had the first diesel in the country and was pleasantly surprised (but I've also heard the horror stories from others) - if only it had 4 seats I'd have another in a flash