2 quick questions

o0timbo0o

Reaction score
Is the 3.2 quattro running gear the same as the S4 running gear , specifically the auto ? ( gearbox , driveshafts , suspension components like wishbones , upper and lower arms etc etc) or does it have it's own set up?

What are the common failures / wear points of the suspension linkages ? ( I have a bit of a clunking / cracking noise when i reverse then turn wheel on lock ... then put into Drive and turn the wheel opposite lock and roll forward a little , also generally there seems to be a feeling that something is a little worn when going over speed bumps and imperfections in the road surface , it's an ever so slight looseness transmitted up the steering rack.

I'm guessing it's going to be either a top mount, track rod end , tie bar wishbone bush or ball joint but if anyone has or knows of what to look at first it'd be helpful.

Thanks

TBH common thing like this on variety of chassis's are top mounts, real pita to do aswell as I found out on my 8P, but you've already listed the common wear points that would be checked 1st of :)

Reactions: Gates