In car phone - part number of cradle

zollybosher

Reaction score
I have a phone cradle built into the arm rest of my car, and have been trying to find out what model of phone fits it. After speaking to the Audi franchise near me they have informed me that they need the part number, but here is were the crunch is. I cannot see any number the cradle is more or less attached directly to the inside of the arm rest it seems moulded to it.

So has anyone else got any ideas of how I can get the model number, there are no visible wires everything is seamless.

Thats not the cradle mate, thats the actual base that the cradle clips onto. Tell the dealer what make and model of phone you have and they'll supply the cradle for it (if they make one for your phone).

You don't say what phone you have, but if it is an iphone 4/4s by any chance, then the cradle part number is 8T0 051 435F

Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing but most of these seem to be sucker mounted, I am looking for one that will fit into the centre arm rest base for a Samsung Galaxy. Contacted Audi who say they dont make that model, and to look on cw or phones u.. but as mentioned they see to be screen mounted and as I have never owned a in car phone, dont seem to me to be what is needed.

Have you checked you haven't got bluetooth fitted.
Do you mean set up bluetooh on my phone and see if the console picks it up ? Will that operate the same ie my phone book appears on in the menu and I can call by using my MFSW? Will it ask for an ID number or Pin code if so were would I find that - really sorry for asking so many questions but alas its all very new to me I have too many toy's to play with as this car seems to be fitted out with the works. and the manual only tells you so much.

Thanks to all those who have helped so far -

Turn on the cars ignition and then search on your phone via bluetooth if it's fitted it will find something like this audi uhv 6505(that what mine) standard pin code is 1234.
All phonebook and call details will show up on your dis if you have it fitted.

Turn on the cars ignition and then search on your phone via bluetooth if it's fitted it will find something like this audi uhv 6505(that what mine) standard pin code is 1234.
All phonebook and call details will show up on your dis if you have it fitted.

So I just did what you said for a laugh to see if by off chance I have this and only gone and connected no probs lol who'd a known

Yeah if you have cradle, its 99% sure its got BT aswell on most cars from that era :)