New rims

ANDYTQ

Reaction score
Caerdydd, Cardiff, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
I picked up a set of rims yesterday as a experiment, not seen these rims before they are a6 v8 rims(rims are dated 08) and quite rare but thought it might be a good gamble ,i wanted to see what you guys think of the mock up photo,rims need slight work due to kerbing but look in good condition otherwise.
2012-02-19170106.jpg
cheers Andy

Not 100% sure I like them to be honest. Like the fact you're trying something different but just not keen on the design... maybe they'll look better once fitted!?!

I quite like them, will be keeping an eye on this thread for pics when fitted.

I like the new wheels

I like them... and I think they will look great fully polished, but you'll need to drop the car low for them to look their best. Also, you'll need to clean them every week at least to keep polished wheels looking good as they can easily oxidise and lose their shine.

The thing with polished wheels is they look great when they're first polished and if you apply any sort of clear coat, they lose the mirror finish slightly.

You could probably get them powdercoated with a clear gloss lacquer which would help protect them, or have them diamond cut & lacquered.

I would keep them fully polished & just make sure you keep them clean & polish them :) You can use wheel sealant to help protect them too. That's what I do with my wheels.

I like them but I think you would really need to slam the car to pull them off.

Don't take it the wrong way but looks a less spec model now I think

They look really good, makes a change from the RS4 and RS6 style ones, trouble is these are the most common wheels. Might go down the S4 Avus route myself, they look good in anthracite, dad had them on his old B5 S4. My old A3 looked nice with the TT Ronal wheels, quite a rare wheel.