170 TDi Injector recall

Gogsie

Reaction score
Just a heads up that there is a recall on right now for Diesel injectors on the TDi 170 VAG engines. I just got all 4 replaced courtesy of Aberdeen Audi.

someone at work has had a recall on a passat (55 plate) 2.0tdi 140 for the injectors

One of the blokes I work with had his done last week as the recall. The car then broke down 4 days later. AA reported he had diesel in the oil. Audi have had his car back and have now stripped the engine down to repair. Feel really gutted for him. A3 2007 car too

I there I have a a4 140 bhp 06 reg 2.0 diesel engine code I bre is that code in the recall list

Hi Peter. I have the same engine as you. The recall is only for the 170bhp models so you should be OK.

I have heard of some 140 bhp models being done so worth giving your local Audi dealer a call

Hi Gogsie

Thanks for this, where did you hear about the recall? My 170 A3 has had a dodgy injector since I bought it 2 years ago. Had the loom cleaned, no luck. I have just emailed Audi Whetstone to have mine done. Will keep you posted.

I had a remap and dpf removed 18 months ago, hope this wont stop Audi fixing the injectors....... I kept the old pipe, so worse case I can put it back on and remove the remap temporarily.......

No problem, I heard it from an ex VAG technician mate of mine. How do you find the de DPF? Any issues with MOT's?.

Hi Gogsie

Thanks for this, where did you hear about the recall? My 170 A3 has had a dodgy injector since I bought it 2 years ago. Had the loom cleaned, no luck. I have just emailed Audi Whetstone to have mine done. Will keep you posted.

I had a remap and dpf removed 18 months ago, hope this wont stop Audi fixing the injectors....... I kept the old pipe, so worse case I can put it back on and remove the remap temporarily.......

Easy mark go back to your A3 forum..... no only joking c u Sunday :) his map is awesome btw makes me wanna get my a4 done too.