remapping and insurance

moanjam

Reaction score
thinking of getting my b7 2.0 tdi cab remapped to 170bhp, just wondering what the extra insurance implications are regards cost anyone here with advice ? ta

Sky insurance a sponsor on here don't charge any extra but others do all depends on what broker your with so it's a difficult one to answer.

cheers RMH will check sky out when I,m up for renewal if admiral ,who i,m with at the minute, try to have my eyes out ! by the way nice cab you have there , is it a tdi and do you have it remapped ?

I checked this out earlier in the year albeit for a 2.0TFSI and the cost was more than I was willing to pay. Out of interest I used moneysupermarket to generate some quotes for no mods and with remap (+20% bhp). This is what I found:

Best no mod quote - Privilege £230.02
Best remap quote - Admiral £559.50
For comparison: no mod quote - Admiral £455.62

So looks like another £104 from Admiral for the remap but it's miles off the cheapest quote or £329.48 to be exact.

Conclusion: I still won't be remapping. :)

I checked this out earlier in the year albeit for a 2.0TFSI and the cost was more than I was willing to pay. Out of interest I used moneysupermarket to generate some quotes for no mods and with remap (+20% bhp). This is what I found:

Best no mod quote - Privilege £230.02
Best remap quote - Admiral £559.50
For comparison: no mod quote - Admiral £455.62

So looks like another £104 from Admiral for the remap but it's miles off the cheapest quote or £329.48 to be exact.

Conclusion: I still won't be remapping. :)
cheers for that scotty, my ins was £400 + with admiral so might just give them a ring to find out

I was thinking about geting mine dun but will put it on hold til I c wat the insurance goes up by

HI
I have been thinking remap, and now starting to look a little more into it. Just check the insurance and with comparethemarket choosing admiral went form 602 to 608 ...

That is for a A4 B8 10 plate S-Line 2.00 TDI 170BHP.

May be worth it :)

Thanks
T