Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

Rear end knocking

A week after lowering my Avant (30mm with b5 spring cups) im now getting a knock/lump on the rear when the passenger rear wheel (sounds like its coming from here) catches a pot hole. Doesnt always seem to do it and only on back roads. Have been and had 4 wheel alignment and they couldnt see anything wrong. The noise sounds like the boot isnt shut properly if you know what i mean. Any ideas???
    Probably not related at all but i also had new brakes, fitted new alloys and tyres A6 Slines Et43 with 235/40/18 and a full service including fuel filter at the same time just to give as much info as i can.
    Thanks
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I have same problem im getting my car on a lift tomorrow so if i find out ill let you know ;-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks, hopefully its nothing much
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Neutral

Status
    I had a similar noise on mine, turned out to be a broken spring - pop both rear wheels off and check the base of the spring - mine had broken off and the broken piece was knocking about causing the noise

Neutral

Status
    Didnt have chance at looking at the noise today due to my bss lms getting fitted but on my next day off ill have a look

Reverse Gear

Status
    the wheel hitting the arch liner, or the bump stop being hit
    usualy the bump stop neds shortening too

3rd Gear

Status
    Will be getting mine looked at Monday night again. Will update if i find anything

Neutral

Status
    Thats a very good shout mate was think of doing that.... Theyw ill just cut down wount they ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Well, hoping to have a look tomorrow night.Few other clunks but i assume thats just the result of new stiffer springs.

3rd Gear

Status
    Well, turns out my knocking is from the Rs4 RARB. The bushes have started to slip off???? Mymate thinks they may be a bit soft. So gonna order some poly ones and see how it goes

Neutral

Status
    Cool i sorted mine out today all mine was was the adhustable cup on the rear was rattling about so at work i make a a clamp as such and fitted it.... Outcome = mint, im so happy iv sorted it now.

Also managed to fit my new cupra r splitter as my old one was smashed to hell due to me not fitting it right last time so had a sucessful day today and really happy with the outcome :-)

3rd Gear

Status
    Good news, just need to sort my xenon and front end judder