Audi A4 B7 SE or S Line

Chrisd1983

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what the physical differences are between a normally SE and S Line, and how easy is it to change an SE to S Line?

I'm asking this as for my budget I'm struggling to get an S Line with the options I want, I have been offered an SE with Bose, Nav, Full Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Xenons, 2.0Tdi on 90K, FSH for £5500.

If it just a case of swapping the bumpers over then thats great??!

I'm looking forward too joining Audi ownership, I'm coming from a E46 330CI - which has been crap!!!

Thanks,

Chris

bumpers
seats
steeringwheel
wheels
shocks an springs
door blades
grill
cant think of anything else

Suspension is lower and stiffer on s-line.
Bumpers are different.
Boot has a lip on the s-line.
Usually leather seats.
Wheels.

All easy enough to change.

but for what it will cost to change it all
you could prob get an s-line for the same kinda money

In all honesty I don't think it would be worth the hassle upgrading to s line spec, as the cost would be far greater than if you just purchased an s line in the first place!

Problem is you can buy the se car, you won't mind that it's not an s line until after a couple of weeks or months your gonna see an s line drive pass you then it will be like "damn I should of got one"

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
you would be better geting s-line and then retro fitting the parts you want
IE cruise dis rns-e parking sensors

Unfortunately there are no S Lines about for my budget £7500 with under 120k miles.....with leather / bose / nav

The SE will have coilovers and new wheels within the first month.

I didnt realise there was so many differences, so the external differences will be the front bumper / grille? Are the rear bumper / skirts the same?

Thanks,

rear bumper the same ish you can change the difuser easy

Well the guy has sold the SE now!! Charming!

So back to looking for a S Line with leather and not moon miles!!

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what the physical differences are between a normally SE and S Line, and how easy is it to change an SE to S Line?

I'm asking this as for my budget I'm struggling to get an S Line with the options I want, I have been offered an SE with Bose, Nav, Full Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Xenons, 2.0Tdi on 90K, FSH for £5500.

If it just a case of swapping the bumpers over then thats great??!

I'm looking forward too joining Audi ownership, I'm coming from a E46 330CI - which has been crap!!!

Thanks,

Chris

I had the same issue, so bought an SE. Followed by a lot of second hand bits off ebay and have built it up into an SE with some S-line parts. I've not badged my car as an S-Line as it isn't - however I prefered the S-Line parts and fitted them. Happy days!

It worked out much cheaper too! However, my car is a quattro and for some reason had the S-line height suspension so it didn't need lowering. I think there was a 'Sport' model that shared some S-line parts.

See:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b7-chassis/107884-a4-build-thread.html

Go for it!

i think that if that SE was still avalable you should have got it, that way you could have replaced the steering wheel with a new flat bottom one, got the s line gear knob, fitted some big *** S4 door blades which look sweet and as you said wheels and coilovers where part of your master plan, then keep an eye out for an s line front bumper which would probably come with the grill anyway then jobs a good 'en

I have an a4 saline special edition in red on an 05 plate and its immaculate ...full leather sat nav ..I will say the suspension is stiff .. Very stiff and sometimes you wish you could soften it. I fitted reverse sensors myself and Also day running lamps ..so its now top spec..got mine for 7 and half grand with 85k on the clock genuine mil edge with receipts and full service history..u got to be prepared to wait for the right one and travel..took me 3 months to find the right one though

Took me nearly 2 years to find my A4.

A dealer had it in as a part-ex. Spec is 2007, 2 owners, Missano red, S-Line, avant, quattro, special/titanium/black-whatever-edition v2, (lol) FSH, voltera leather, sunroof, cruise, all the usual S-Line bits, £9500 with 37k on the clock when i bought it back in December 2014.

I bought it from "sytner select" I didn't even go to view it.
They did a 20 min ipad video of the car for me to view online.
They also delivered it to my door free of charge and it came with 6 months warranty.

It was well worth the wait. :yes:

Wait for the right one, save some more cash up and get what you really want.

Last edited:
Reactions: guyzza75
yep you did get a nice one there, any issues with it so far chap, I am still looking to get myself sorted out but just cant seem to find the right one, I suppose it will be a classic bus situation, not a sign when you want one then 3 come along together when its to late.

that's good to hear, well not from a wallet point of view but great as far a mechanicals go.

I have to say bring an se owner, that they can and do look great with the right mods! I couldnt find a good low mileage s line for good money I paid £5500 for mine with 80k c/c bluetooth, light pack and fash and that was 2 years ago, there was a 05 s line with 96k partial service and no c/c or bluetooth on the forecourt and it was £7500! 2 grand for a higher miles and a few different parts!

Cupra splitter, coilovers, 18" alloys and a DTM spoiler and the SE looks just as good to me! They tend to have lower miles too!

If you are going for one .. then try to avoid the blb engine .. I had my oil pump repair kit done for around 350 quid , as they have problems with the dreaded balance shaft !! Which is like a small hexagonal bar that drives the oil pump from the engine , which rounds off and stops throwing oil to engine and then seizes it..also can damage the turbo.. sod law 3 months after getting mine and the dual mass flywheel went.....so far 8 months in and have had the following:-dmf and clutch kit ( worth doing whilst gearbox out ) 750 quid ..balnce shaft kit 350 quid plus 120 for kit ... timing belt kit whilst doing balance shaft as engine apart 95 quid .. then add your extras reverse sensors 15 quid off fleabay ( fitted myself, rear bumper off).. day running lamps @ 30 quid , fitted myself ... it all adds up and these are not easy cheap motors but so so worth it . When they are good their dam good!!!!....

Any reason why you want a DERV? Plenty of petrol Sline A4's about as well.