Retrofitted xenons help needed

chrisa4quat

Reaction score
Just wired in my xenons (which have been fitted weeks) I have changed the coding etc but I'm having a problem with bulb warning light on one setting or no flash on the other setting. Can anyone assist me please?

Maybe you could pm nigel, user (NHN) he is very knowledgeable on these thngs. He may be able to advise you.

Not yet. My high beam works on halogen coding but only with dip be on not sidelights or no lights. Bulb warning on. Or I can get no bulb warning light on no beam on dip lights and dip lights flashing as beam with no lights

How did you wire them up? I know they have different pin counts kufatec.de do a direct fit loom if that helps

I wired them up with a supplied loom. Maybe it's naff. Maybe I need a control unit. I don't really know

id id retro fit mine from halogen to bixenon,
so what youre saying is. When you have the High beam does not work and you get a warning?
if it is that then you have connected them wrong, or coded them wrong. the 2 small yeallow pins must be connected rigth for the highbeam to work. and also the code must be right.
use this code and dont change the thre first codes in VAG

Euro Headlights & DRL
Module 09 (Central Electrical), recode to ###21

i think the origininal code for the halogen is 01012

If u have the code 21 then the lights work but if not the hight beam then you have connected the small yeallow pins wrong. i did it to after changing it it worked like a charm :D

Last edited:
My high beam works with dip beam on but not with side lights or
Lights off. You can hear the lids opening but no light output

I don't know If the cable is Kufatec? I have tried all sorts of coding. It is actually coded with halogens at present cos works best that way - confused

i wouldnt use halogen code wioth xenon you can brick ure headlights. beacuse xenons need more power than halogen and i think it is dangerous to use the halogen code on xenon but im not sure.
Try the code i told you in the end with ###21, if that does not work then its something wrong with the lights or the kufatec cable

The lights seem to work fine. Maybe the wiring. I tried the right coding and high beam does not work on dip beam. And dip beam flashed as high beam when lights off

if ure using the code ###21 and that does not fix this, then something is wrong with the connections, or you did connect the 2 small cables that needs to be connected under the steering wheel wrong.

The coding doesn't work. I connected them to pins 16 & 18 from memory

You need to code them so that the car uses them as Xenons and not halogen, you can destroy the lights and also the electrical system in ure car if you do not change the codes.

You need to code them so that the car uses them as Xenons and not halogen, you can destroy the lights and also the electrical system in ure car if you do not change the codes.

i'm having problems with my coding, when I come to change the code from halogens to xenon it dosn't save. I am using the write code, changing from halogen to ***21 xenon code.