FITTING MY NEW PRESSED PLATES........................

CHEZ

moderately amusing
Supporter
Reaction score
hi all!
recently got my self some pressed plates and a pair of number plate surrounds to fit these in!
fitted the rear plate tonight, and i must say, i love the plates but these nunber plate surround thingy-ma-jigs look a bit pants!
i left the rear, to see if it grows on me!
when fitting the front (A4 B7) the number plate surround looks so awkward as the bumper has a curve to it and the plate really needs to fit directly with a slight bend added, rather than in this contraption!
my last resort would be to drill the plate and fix traditionally, but i was wondering will silicon (i.e bathroom sealant) work to bond plate to my bumper?
or would this be no good!

Go yank.
Remove it and never have it on.
that will make me popular with the plod scott!
besides, i have 2 big ****** big screw holes in my front bumper that needs covering up dude!
i am thinking on screwing it on, as i dont think silicon will last outside!

My plate holder wouldn't fit either so I got some 3M velcro tape and it's held well for the past year and a bit! Double sided sticky pads in Halfords should do the job either.

You can buy the tape which will hold it on very strong. i gues halfords.

My old plastic ones on my old car were held on with the numberplate tape and i snapped the plate getting them off

that will make me popular with the plod scott!
besides, i have 2 big ****** big screw holes in my front bumper that needs covering up dude!
i am thinking on screwing it on, as i dont think silicon will last outside!

You'll be fine.
:D

4969_102595356570_677011570_2459522_5228786_n.jpg

Don't drill.
If the holder don't work, bend the plate a bit and go with the others are saying.
get some proper sticky tape stuff on there. you'll be fine.

I've used velcro in the past, when I got my RS4 plate delete I used strong neodynium magnets from ebay mounted to the plaate and behind the plate delete :)

DSC_0019-3.jpg

DSC_0022-2.jpg

DSC_0025-4.jpg

DSC_0033-1.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg