Number plate lights not working, any ideas?

Rastamouse

Welsh Audi Nut
Reaction score
Noticed the other day that 1 if my plate lights had stoped workin, so went about changing the bulb 2 day when i noticed both had stoped working. I had led bulbs in them, so i changed both bulbs back to the original and still nothing? Any ideas? Have had a quick look and cant see any fuse thats related to the plate lights.also the screws for the bulbs holders are rounded too just to make matters worse. Any ideas where i can get replacement screws from?

When mine stopped working recently, it was because the tiny plastic "collar" in the lens through which the retaining screw passed was split. It was enough for the bulb-holder to become loose from the housing, and for contact to be lost. I bought a new lens/bulb-holder for about £9. It came with a new retaining screw. I think I might have the invoice with the part number somewhere in the car.

The part number is A8E0 943 021 B. It was £8.71, and like I said, it came with a nice shiny new screw. The bulb is not included, but the parts man at Bexley Audi was in a good mood that day, and let me have a bulb free of charge.

Evening Easy-Crew,

The screws are crap, I bought some same size off ebay, think they are used in model cars but don't mash up when you sneeze.

So for those of you that have suffered the rounded screws any suggestions to get them out if they're already rounded.

One of my bulbs has gone (or is loose) and I'm really getting hacked off with the warning flashing on/off and beeping at me every time I go over a bump/change direction etc.

Thanks in advance

When mine stopped working recently, it was because the tiny plastic "collar" in the lens through which the retaining screw passed was split. It was enough for the bulb-holder to become loose from the housing, and for contact to be lost. I bought a new lens/bulb-holder for about £9. It came with a new retaining screw. I think I might have the invoice with the part number somewhere in the car.

Exact same for me, apparently it's another common fault :asskicking:, gimme your money

only way really to get them out is to drill them out or chisel away at the surrounding area of the screw so you can get a pair of pliers onto the head of the screw.when removing the screws i alway spray some silicone lubricant onto them 1st and then use the correct sized screwdriver and use a pair of grips to turn the driver and that seems to work better:yes:

The part number is A8E0 943 021 B. It was £8.71, and like I said, it came with a nice shiny new screw. The bulb is not included, but the parts man at Bexley Audi was in a good mood that day, and let me have a bulb free of charge.

Looks like I did better than you - they even removed the old one and fitted the new one for me (but I did have to supply the bulb).

I can now get on with listening to music rather than the incessant beeping of the warning light