• 1 Post By razza1

Thread: 2.0 TFSi AMD remap

Missed gear

Status

2.0 TFSi AMD remap

Had my 2.0 TFSi A4 Avant special edition 2 remapped at AMD Essex yesterday:

Before - Power: 219.5 Hp Torque: 246.9 Ib/ft
    After - Power: 262.6 Hp Torque: 292.3 Ib/ft

Nice progressive map with similar curve to to the original - very happy on the drive home!

Apparently, will take a few tanks of fuel to fully adjust to the new map and should be up to 270 Hp.

When hard on the throttle there is a blip around 5500 revs which feels like bouncing off the limiter but this should smooth out.

Overall, very happy. Just want the snow to clear so I can test it properly!
    B7 A4 Avant S-line Special Edition v2 2.0 TFSi - AmD stage 1 - 263Bhp 396Nm

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Is this a quattro? Also it sounds like a stage 2 map with those figures, have you got a better exhaust and new high pressure fuel pump?
    Gates likes this.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Missed gear

Status
    FWD which is why I wanted a more linear map.

No mods and a stage 1 map only. 220bhp as standard on the SE, but I think it maps the same as any 2.0 TFSi.

5th Gear

Status
    Surprised by those figures then, also at that output you may find you're not getting enough fuel and need a high pressure pump, might be why you're getting that blip near your top end of rev range.
    You must get a fair bit of wheel spin as well with that, I had a fwd drive version before this one and it span quite often in standard? One reason why I waited until I got quattro before mapping.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    sounds alot for stage 1 should be around 245/250 hp ish
    what RR was it on
    but 270 does sound stage 2 ish

2nd Gear

Status
    those are some impressive figures, post up the dyno chart...good job AMD
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

Missed gear

Status
    (Resurrecting my own post)

Been investigating the "blip" at WOT and have now also concluded it is fuel cut. Been back to AMD for diagnostic check, which found nothing. Tried to demonstrate the problem but was hard to do as it only occurs at WOT 4th gear plus, by which time speed is a bit excessive for the roads around there. They said to go back if it gets worse.
    Since then I've checked/changed cam follower (no wear) and fitted a RS4 pressure relief valve with no changes.

One of the things I read that describes it well is the second point here:

There are two fuel cuts being described here, one is ecu generated- higher gear wot for a few seconds and then BAM car cuts out all power and goes into "limp" mode and you cannot boost positive. That is your general fuel cut described by most people before they upgrade to an aftermarket hpfp.
    Second one is the hitting a fueling wall feeling, where Bassically your ecu doesn't ^see enough of a problem with your AFR to cut you into limp mode, but at the same time your not providing enough fuel at wot to spool the turbo to full boost pressure. Though at 3/4 throttle the fuel is enough for the lower amount of CFM.

I love the map and it goes really well at low gears and 3/4 throttle - just annoying when WOT.

So have now committed to upgrading the HPFP. Looks like the Autotech kit is the best option? Any other mods necessary?

1st Gear

Status
    what is the cost of a high pressure fuel pump for a 2.0 TFSi quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringster View Post
    (Resurrecting my own post)

Been investigating the "blip" at WOT and have now also concluded it is fuel cut. Been back to AMD for diagnostic check, which found nothing. Tried to demonstrate the problem but was hard to do as it only occurs at WOT 4th gear plus, by which time speed is a bit excessive for the roads around there. They said to go back if it gets worse.
    Since then I've checked/changed cam follower (no wear) and fitted a RS4 pressure relief valve with no changes.

One of the things I read that describes it well is the second point here:

There are two fuel cuts being described here, one is ecu generated- higher gear wot for a few seconds and then BAM car cuts out all power and goes into "limp" mode and you cannot boost positive. That is your general fuel cut described by most people before they upgrade to an aftermarket hpfp.
    Second one is the hitting a fueling wall feeling, where Bassically your ecu doesn't ^see enough of a problem with your AFR to cut you into limp mode, but at the same time your not providing enough fuel at wot to spool the turbo to full boost pressure. Though at 3/4 throttle the fuel is enough for the lower amount of CFM.

I love the map and it goes really well at low gears and 3/4 throttle - just annoying when WOT.

So have now committed to upgrading the HPFP. Looks like the Autotech kit is the best option? Any other mods necessary?
    Think it definitely makes sense to upgrade the HPFP, may be worth investing in a better exhaust and high flow cat or de-cat. Also check you have the latest coil packs fitted as there was a recall by Audi.

(Oh and if you fancy a FMIC pm me )
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

Neutral

Status
    I had mine done last week at AMD Essex as well. Started out as standard TFSI Quattro SE with Milltek cat back producing 216bhp according to chart. Had their own stage 1 remap done along with upgrading the diverter valve and adding a pipercross air filter. Now producing 258bhp and 290 ft torque according to figures.

Feels like a huge difference on the road, always liked the imnitial torque kick, but then the boost seemed to tail off pretty quickly unlike my old Scoob STi. Now it kicks a lot harder and longer. Also on my way back home round the M25 the traffic precluded any fun so i though i'd test the mpg, got nearly 40 averaging just under 70 according to the obc. Not bad!
    08 2.0 TFSI Quattro SE V2, Milltek RS4 system, RS4 ARB, AMD Stage 1 remap, Xenons, Valcona leather, RNSE, Eibach Pro Springs, Bose.