EM TuningAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

boot lid wont shut when icey...

so whenever we have a half decent frost i go in my boot to get the deicer, but then i cant shut the boot again, obviously because of the cold the metal has contracted just enough for the boot catch to not engage properly

has anbody else got/had this problem and got any ideas on solving it?

please dont say keep the deicer in the car not the boot

its a 55 reg dtm by the way

thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    How strange, have exactly the same problem usually when temperature is -2 degC or less. Very frustrating. Given a hard enough shove I can get it to engage but the car still thinks it's open. I ended up WD40-ing the locking mechanism but temperature has dropped sufficiently for a retry.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    yeah i have to really slam it but even then its not shut properly, one bump in the road would open it again

this would be very frustrating if we lived in russia lol

ive got to go to my local audi dealer at some point maybe they can help or at least give us an explaination as to why this happens, scared of putting my back windscreen through from all the excessive slamming of the boot

1st Gear

Status
    Could it be that the handle is sticking slightly in when you open the boot and then not allowing the catch mechanism to latch properly. Worth checking the handle is returning fully before shutting it

5th Gear

Status
    well twice ive checked the mechanism (when icey) and both times its been free as a bird and seems to be operating as normal, maybe ill whack some spray grease on for good measure

1st Gear

Status
    I'm having the same problem ! Annoying !
    A4 B7 2.0T FSI S-LINE Akoya Silver, Xenon plus pack, RS 6's, MFSW, Dension, Auto dimming mirror, Light/Rain sensor, Bose, Isofix, Split folding seats, Rear side blinds, Rear window blind, Centre armrest, Auto boot Lid, Cargo parcel net/hooks,Loadliner & Votex Rear Diffuser. Tyres: presently running Vredenstein Sessanta's: SUPERB!

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    This has a very simple solution guys!!!
    Get yourself a can of spray grease with a straw attached on the end push the straw deep in an around the latch and absolutely drench the latch with spray grease, and bobs your uncle!
    I had the same problem a you everytime it was cold boot would not shut, so i did this with the spray grease bout two months ago now, and it has worked perfectly everytime since, it was -3 here this morning, perfect test, and it worked as a dream!!
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    Cheers President Wensleydale, will give it a try.
    Nathan

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    Irie man!!
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

2nd Gear

Status
    ..Humm come to think of it when my latch failed it was also freezing outside, I ended up buying a new latch (£35) never had any issues since....the part number is 4F5827505D
    If it's not longitudinal and it's not Quattro..it's not an Audi
    VCDS (VAG-COM) HEX-CAN USB cable carrying member
    2005 A4 DTM 2.0 TFSi Quattro :364Bhp/477NM - Mapped by MRC Tuning
    Hybrid K04 Project ongoing (link to Build thread)

DMFW + Clutch For Sale

5th Gear

Status
    How much was it?
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    nice one guys, deffo putting some spray grease on there and if that fails a new latch it is :D

Neutral

Status
    I had same problem even in autumn weather, WD40 sorted it for me.
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0T FSI SE Quattro

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    How did it go guys?? Did you give the spray grease method a go?

5th Gear

Status
    Nope, although it only took three slams to shut it although the sensor didn't fix itself. It's better and it was colder so I'll be using more WD40 before I find some better grease.

Any ideas how much a new catch is just in case I break mine?
    Nathan

5th Gear

Status
    mines in the garage having new clutch and fly fitted so will be wd40'ing/greasing on the weekend

will update though (lots of cold weather on the way so hope it works)