A4 B7 Convertible capet

l14m

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im new here and have recently sold my tt 3.2 on a 53 plate for a 2006 3.0 tdi a4 b7 convertible. So much nicer to drive :).
One problem im having at the moment is the previous owner has spilt coffee under the drivers seat which has then run to the rear carpet and looks a mess. Why anyone wouldnt even atempt to clean this up is beyond me but hey ho. Ive tried spot cleaners as well as hireing a rug doctor from Homebase to try cleaning it but hasnt touched it. I have also seen that baking soda mixed with white vinagar may work but havent tried this. Does any one know of a way to remove thick dried (caked in) coffee from carpet!
My other option is to replace the carpet completly, so I searched on google and found a couple on ebay UK but alas they are blue and black. My cars exterior is black and interior is light grey. Any help would be great as Ive spent the last couple of weekends steam cleaning the inside and clay bared plus polishing the exterior until the cars looking good and the carpet is the last part. Plus unfortunatly even mats wont cover the coffe stain in the rear!
Many thanks Liam.

Any ideas where I can get a complete new carpet from. Is it worth asking breaker yards or can anyone recommend any where !
Regards Liam

few years back i brought a car from auction to use and sell after 12mths or so but had it valeted, whilst it was in there they sprayed part of the carpet with normal spray paint i didnt know they had done this until i picked up the car and said wow you got that stain of the passengers carpet they said yeah we just sprayed it lol i thought he ment with some super cleaning pruduct until he gave me the rest of the can just incase i need to do any again.... made me chuckle but you would never tell it had been done

Sounds like you have done your best with all the cleaning products out there, assuming you have used 1001.

I reckon a new carpet will be a mission to fit, good luck with that.

marktdisport now that is one product I havent tried lol. I still have a couple of other products to try out and see if they can break the stain down. If not Im sure I can change the carpet easy enough. Ive veiwed the carpets on ebay and form the looks of it, it would seem I would only need to remove the front seats and maybe some trims! I just need to find some where that sells one in I think platinum grey (light grey). Theres an ASM breakers yard in Aylesbury which isnt to far from me so I guess I'll email them and see if I get any luck with them.
Liam.

Right I have now tried just about every product on the market including a home made concoction of ammonia, white vinagar and Washing
liquid. None have worked so now I need to find a carpet !
Also on removing the front seats is there anything I need to be aware of. When I detach the electrics will I get any fault codes when reconnecting them.
Regards Liam