JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

What mm do I need to lower my A4 S-Line?

I want to lower my A4 S-Line. I dont want to "drop" it just lower it enough to close the gap between the wheel and arch. I dont want to occur any issues with rubbing or problems with full lock just want my S-Line sitting alittle more nicer.

I've heard that with the S-Line springs already being lower than standard A4's you have to go a certain mm to see any effect? I dont want to buy quality springs just to lower 10mm etc so what mm do I need front and back?

I had H&R springs on my golf and I couldn't fault them so i'll probably stick with H&R unless you guys can suggest something else.

Any suggestions, as always I am very grateful for your help.

PS
    My wheels are standard S-Line alloys, not sure if there 17's or 18's but there standard wheels, so what ever size the A4 S-line came out of the factory with.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I think its 40mm you need mate,any lower and it will rub the roll bar on the drive shaft. 30mm springs is a nice compromise

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    40mm springs will only give you a physical drop of 20mm on the s line set up.

F
    ULL VCDS HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area pm me.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    I was going to post the exact same question as i want to lower mine , was thinking if the eubach 50mm front/40mm rear springs but not sure if these will make it too low and cause rubbing etc on stock 18" alloys?
    Anyone have any suggestions??
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RMH1A4cab View Post
    40mm springs will only give you a physical drop of 20mm on the s line set up.

Thats what I mean, a 20mm drop wouldn't even be that noticable would it? But if Paradox is right then any more than 40mm springs will cause rubbing so........

Neutral

Status
    Wont cause any rubbing, ive lowered mine 50/40 on the eibach kit, i can still fit my hand between wheel and arch! i have shown some photos in this thread if it helps.

Running with Eibach's 50/40 **pics inside**

Reverse Gear

Status
    stock b8 a4 sline is 19" n 255/35r19
    if u want lower n stick wif H&R, their street perfomance coilovers would be a gd choice for u,
    but if u want better perfomance KW v1 even better.
    ps. watch out if u change the rims it might be rubbing when the offset is low

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Mine is dropped on H&R springs alone, with the 19" speedlines, it sits at just the right height for me, with no wheel arch gap, and no rubbing. Bought them from German ebay too, so cost a lot cheaper than buying from here, even taking into account p&p. I believe my springs were the same as yours and I managed to achieve a 20-25mm drop, I know it doesnt sound a lot, but you can definately tell the difference. You could always pop over mate and check for yourself in the flesh!
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Mine is dropped on H&R springs alone, with the 19" speedlines, it sits at just the right height for me, with no wheel arch gap, and no rubbing. Bought them from German ebay too, so cost a lot cheaper than buying from here, even taking into account p&p. I believe my springs were the same as yours and I managed to achieve a 20-25mm drop, I know it doesnt sound a lot, but you can definately tell the difference. You could always pop over mate and check for yourself in the flesh!
    Who fitted your springs for you Abb? I remember yours having a nice stance so 20-25mm drop would be great.

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry about the delay mate, were fitted by a mate of mine.
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    I looked on ebay an seen some apex
    Springs for £115, anyone had any experience if these? Any good?
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.