Decat pipe, engine warning light??

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi guys hope you can help??

Installed my decat pipe to my A4 2.0tfsu quattro spec ed.
After3 days of nice sound and a much more responsive drive,
The engine warning light has come on. Is this something to worrie about?
Is there a way round this?? Or shall I just put the cat bk on?
As I don't want to damage anything. But it was a tw*t to fit lol
And wanted to remap after I put a front mount on her.

Any help would be brill :)

as above or get a lamba spacer

It's just how I want it. Not stupid but loud enough lol. Just get it mapped

ye were can u get a spacer from already stage one and want a decat but been putting it off due to cel and dont want the expense of another remap ?

Where did you guys get your decats from? - I did see one on ebay a few weeks ago for about £90? - Was thinking of just gutting my cat..... as I can't find them anymore.

Any help is appreciated :)

Where did you guys get your decats from? - I did see one on ebay a few weeks ago for about £90? - Was thinking of just gutting my cat..... as I can't find them anymore.

Any help is appreciated :)

Ye I have noiticed theres less for sale why is this?
New MOT regs coming in possibly ?

The most common place to get them is the USA, they call them a "test pipe" so try searching for that? I will have a spare up for sale soon and will post it up in the classifieds. The factory Cat is really restrictive, getting rid of it was like a second map! they vary in size, shape and price. A stainless 2.5" good quality one can cost as little as £70 but you need to ship it over the water.

Also given the removal of the bung in the exhaust your stock pipes will be louder. I actually fitted a milltek which gave a quieter more subtle sound. each to there own though. I'm an old git, most of my friends loved the sound!

The most common place to get them is the USA, they call them a "test pipe" so try searching for that? I will have a spare up for sale soon and will post it up in the classifieds. The factory Cat is really restrictive, getting rid of it was like a second map! they vary in size, shape and price. A stainless 2.5" good quality one can cost as little as £70 but you need to ship it over the water.

Also given the removal of the bung in the exhaust your stock pipes will be louder. I actually fitted a milltek which gave a quieter more subtle sound. each to there own though. I'm an old git, most of my friends loved the sound!

i dont get why you say you have to ship them from the usa ?
theres pleany of places in the uk that can supply a de-cat pipe

sorry mate , was just pointing to a source where I got mine, the posts above indicated that they were in short supply and i (perhaps wrongly) thought if they searched for test pipe instead of decat it might be helpful. I'd certainly never heard it called a test pipe in the uk before. Do you have any places in the UK that can supply them? Im after a 3" with a custom flange on it for a K04 project.

call pete or matt at exhaust uk
mention me and they will sort you they have done quite a few for me
tell them you need the flange from the S3 K04

how much do exhaust uk charge for fitting a decat/test pipe ? Would they supply and fit spacer to remove cel also ?

This is what im using it goes from 4" to 3" so it matches the size of the hotside on the turbo. I told them I was using it with a K04 so they kindly included a K04 flange with the pipe. Its a bit pricy but the quality of the fabrication is second to none.

R.A.I. Motorsport B7A4 2.0T Test Pipe

how much do exhaust uk charge for fitting a decat/test pipe ? Would they supply and fit spacer to remove cel also ?

call them mention lee
they dont supply the spacer get 1 from ebay and they will fit it for you
ask for matt