Lowering Advice - SE

alpesh26

Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of lowering springs on my B7 1.9TDi SE (FWD), but not sure how far to drop.

I've currently got 16" wheels on and i'm hoping to change these to 18" at some point in the future so I dont want any rubbing problems. I also like the ride of the SE (although it does squat a bit when changing from 1st to 2nd) so I dont want to lose the ride comfort.

Which springs have you guys gone for and what do you think of them? The car has done 75k (mostly motorway) so would it be wise to change the shocks too?

TIA

No lower than 20/30mm.

S-Line springs will drop it 20mm

Eibach 30mm springs will take it down another 10 on top of the s lines so 30mm

I removed my s line springs and had the eibach 30mm and they look great with 18 although you could get away with 40mm if you wanted it to look even lower

Cheers, I think 30mm would probably be enough don't want any issues with high kerbs and all that.

Did you fit the b5 spring perches and what do you think of the ride on the eibach's?

I read on a fourm that the eibachs lowered the car by different amounts front and back so front was a bit lower but HR springs were either 35 or 45 front and back meaning car sat level.

Anyone further info as im also looking to lower my audi?

Cheers

Go with the eibachs mate, but it will feel rougher than the SE ride due to the springs and the bigger alloys having thinner tyres, but ive never had problems with rubbing