DAB radio in a B7 ?

gradwells

Reaction score
Just had my injectors replaced in the recall but my loan car was B8 with the DAB radio fitted its fantastic .
Is it possible to fit this type of radio / satnav to the B7 range ? my old car has satnav & BT now . or was the loan car just to tempt you into a new car ? LOL

The DAB tuner from a B8 cannot be fitted into a B7, they're completely incompatible.

As Dave said, can't be fitted as the B8 has a MOST (Optical Fibre) connection for the DAB radio.

A cheap alternative, and what I offer to my customers, is a Bluetooth Fiscon kit which has A2DP bluetooth steaming which can stream DAB radio from your phone, should you have a DAB/Satellite Radio App installed. Only downside is that this streaming uses data but its certainly a viable alternative.

Thanks for the replies , almost need to buy a new car to get DAB LOL . The Fiscon look a good bit of kit probably bit better than the Parrot kit I have in my van which will stream via BT but keeps locking up whichever phone you use so you default to listening via the built in SD reader .

I have a B7 with RNSE, and I retro-fittred a Revo In-Car DAB radio. I had it fitted previously in my B6. Details of the install, with pictures, can be found here.

Revo no longer makes the In-Car DAB, but there is an unused one up for sale on Ebay right now. Here's the link

Last edited:
The best bit with the Fiscon IMO, is thats its completely discreet... all modules are hidden behind the stereo and microphone in the interior light, everythings controlled on the DIS using the controls on the steering wheel.

I realise a retro-fit HU will not be to everyone's taste, but with a bit of planning, it can be made pretty unobtrusive. Plus, it's inexpensive, which might be good if you only want it as a stop gap while you save up for a new car with OEM DAB. I would emphasise though that an external aerial is essential. I use a Panorama glass-mount antenna, mounted at the top centre of the windscreen.

I've found a thread on another forum where I posted pics of the install in my current car. Click here.

Last edited: