Just had the 2.0TDI 170PD injectors replaced by Audi

brixo

Reaction score
Website
www.neilbriscoe.co.uk
Just had the 2.0TDI 170PD injectors replaced by Audi FOC. I did make sure that they weren't going to attempt to charge me labour or anything stupid. Left it with Huddersfield Audi for 4 hours, they gave me a nice new A6 as courtesy car, did the recall and cleaned it for me. Chuffed.

A couple of things...

1. I managed to get the internal Audi invoice and the injectors were £125 + VAT each plus labour. How can they charge £600 per injector to the public (before VOSA got involved)...?

2. I recommend getting it done. It's FOC. And I don't know whether I am being an idiot, but the car feels infinitely better. It actually feels like a new car. The power delivery *seems* smoother, the acceleration *seems* more positive, the noise *seems* slightly quieter and generally feels pokier...

Do the injectors make *THAT* much difference or is it psychosomatic??

Either way, happy bunny. It's good preparation for the full service and Awesome Custom Remap on Friday!

I got a Phone call from my Audi dealer a few weeks ago to ask (a) do I still have the car ! & (b) was I aware of a recall re the injector issues . My car ( A4 tdi 170 q ) is going in to be inspected Wednesday 25 Jan . Do you know if they replaced the wiring harness that feeds the injectors within the cam cover ?

Was the whole thing free of charge ?

All is free and yes it includes the wiring harness (loom)

is the B7 1.9 TDI also included in the recall?

How do you go about finding if you can get this done? I am currently looking at buying a tdi170 and was wondering if I would be able to get the injectors done under recall?

Thanks for your help

Just ring a dealer or audi customer services. They should be able to tell you if the car you are looking at has had it done. If not they will do it.

Nice one thanks, we've put the deposit down on the car and hopefully pick it up next weekend:)

i also thought mine drove like a differnet car, but i had no choice in having my replaced, my stopped altogether.

preston audi did mine, absolutely brilliant service i recieved, so much so we have just bought a brand new a3 black edition of them through the service they provided me with... pays to be right with folks........

Is this injector issue with both the 140 & 170 tdi ??

Any specific year / model or ??

I brought my A4 about 2 months ago BUT i never brought it from an AUDI garage. Will i get a call from them if there is a recall then? Not sure how it works.

AFAIK its all 170 models. Just call them with your Reg/vin.

I wouldnt leave them to contact you. Call them.

Was getting lots of black smoke out the back of my 2008 A4 Avant 170. Read about the injector problems and geared up to expect a large bill until I came here. I called Audi Customer Services yesterday who advised me to call my local dealer and book it in. My reg is one covered by the recall.....much relief now!

The only question is will my remap that was completed a couple weeks ago (following PPF removal) still be there or not?

hi guys, i own a 2005 audi b7 (BLB eninge code - probably one of the worst engine ever).. i was wondering if audi dealers will replace any of my injectors, considering i am the third owner of the car... any ideas?

thanks in advance!

Word of warning. My local dealers did mine and also said they changed the loom. My car went into a local indy a couple of weeks later for a different issue and he rang to say the car was pouring oil from where the loom goes into the top of the engine. He showed me the loom and it was not 2 weeks old. They hadn't done the job properly or replaced the loom.

hi guys, i own a 2005 audi b7 (BLB eninge code - probably one of the worst engine ever).. i was wondering if audi dealers will replace any of my injectors, considering i am the third owner of the car... any ideas?

thanks in advance!

No, you have a 140BHP engine, and the injector recall is only for the 170BHP models.