Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2nd Gear

Status

A4 S-Line boot spoiler options and opinions

I've been thinking about fitting a boot spoiler to my A4 S-Line and wondering what you lot have on your A4's?

I would like to keep it OEM, Im not into fitting something that makes my car look like a scooby wannabe

Any ideas, pictures of yours, links etc would be great.

Im not being lazy, I have searched but just get the cheap ebay ones coming back.
    Last edited by JDM82; 18th January 2012 at 21:51.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi JDM82,

If you've got the S-Line, havent you already got a lip on the boot?

If so you will find that many of the spoilers are made to fit on the flat boot (Non S-Line) unless you want to get a bolt on (scooby) looking spoiler.

I saw an A4 B6 with one of these on last week with an ugly body kit and it looked shocking.

Post some pics of what you go for, would like to see a different S-Line spoiler work well!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Personally, I'd leave well alone. Like Einonsy says, you're going to have difficulty finding a spoiler that successfully fits over the lip, unless it's of the briefcase handle type, which will look horrible.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Get yourself to Asda, or any other supermarket of choice, find trolley, remove handle, return home and fit handle to boot lid and voila! If you do not want to go down this road, leave boot alone.....well alone!
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

5th Gear

Status
    sure I've seen the DTM fitted to an s-line that didn't look too bad...

personally, I'm after a decent sutble rear roof spoiler, but not those daft curved lip type ones on ebay...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2nd Gear

Status
    I guess i'll leave it then

Avantageous

Status
    DTM is the only way to go. And its made for an S-Line boot so its perfect fit (unlike mine being an SE theres a slight gap).
    2011 Audi-Sport.net Fantasy Formula 1 Champion

2005 Audi A6 3.2FSI S-Line Quattro Stratos Blue
    19x9 S6 / Half Leather Interior / Memory Seats / Black Headlining / S6 Paddle Wheel / S6 Exhaust
    Front & Rear Parking Sensors / TPMS / Adaptive Xenons / Actuated Boot Lid / Bose / Sat Nav / Bluetooth / Sunroof
    Double Glazing / Auto Dimming Interior & Exterior Folding Mirrors / Storage Pack / Lighting Pack

Neutral

Status
    When i got my S Line recently it came with one on it and it doesn't look out of place at all. No idea what make it is, but it seems to have a Hofele rear exhaust surround, so it might be by them as they do also make a lip spoiler.

5th Gear

Status
    Saw your one advertised, liking that rear end!
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    Got any side shots of that spoiler?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFurlong View Post
    DTM is the only way to go. And its made for an S-Line boot so its perfect fit (unlike mine being an SE theres a slight gap).
    DTM has got the SE boot lid
    the DTM spoiler was never made oem to fit the s-line it can be made to fit tho
    or the rs4 1 can be made to fit the s-line

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    havent got the part number but its oem audi took a bit of cutting etc but fits perfect

5th Gear

Status
    I recall seeing threads about this on AZ and the moral was that the S-Line spoilers were an arse to fit. I'd stay clear.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status
    Thought the Rs4 was part of the boot lid though, so how can your spoiler be OEM?

Also the other one isn't holefe, not sure what it is. ..

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I recall seeing threads about this on AZ and the moral was that the S-Line spoilers were an arse to fit. I'd stay clear.
    they are a fukker to fit unless you know a good body shop willing to spend a good few hours makeing it fit

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    Thought the Rs4 was part of the boot lid though, so how can your spoiler be OEM?

Also the other one isn't holefe, not sure what it is. ..
    rs4 is part of the body that on mine is an oem audi spoiler for the SE looks like an rs4 spoiler

Neutral

Status
    No idea what model mine is then, but it's definitely on an S Line boot lid and it looks like a quality job.

5th Gear

Status
    that's your mission then lol find out what it is...

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    get a few close up of the spoiler cant see it very good

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight View Post
    No idea what model mine is then, but it's definitely on an S Line boot lid and it looks like a quality job.

You definitely have an sline, and looks good I think that spoiler fits really well understated but adds nice limes to the rear end imo, oh and I really want your wheels. :-)

F
    ULL VCDS HEX-USB-CAN Interface available in the staffordshire area pm me.

Neutral

Status
    Haven't got any more pics at work but will take some this weekend. It's only a small lip, certainly not an RS4 style.

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by northernlight View Post
    Haven't got any more pics at work but will take some this weekend. It's only a small lip, certainly not an RS4 style.
    Poor excuse man now get a move on we need to know what it is NOW :-)

F

5th Gear

Status
    looks ideal, if in doubt check out the V5 document and google the previous owner, that's how I confirmed all the mods done on mine, as Audi didn't know

Know you're probably not that bothered with the hassle, but us folk would certainly be appreciative...

Neutral

Status
    Better late than never! Not the best pics due to taking hem with a blackberry in the rain...

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    yeah its the stick on ebay type from china they can look good tho and most are prepainted with a gook paint match
    Painted Boot lip spoiler Audi A4 B7 Sedan 2005 2008 | eBay

Neutral

Status
    Well there you go! I'm surprised something like that would look so good actually, the paint match is perfect and it feels like a solid item. Not sure i'd have wanted to do it myself tho, there's quite a curve on the boot and i'd more than likely have arsed it up.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    yeah they do look good very easy to fit aswell its 3m tape on the back and they very flexible

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    I got one of these last year still sitting in its box, really should get a move on and fit it.

F

5th Gear

Status
    Wow that does surprise me.. .

Avantageous

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    DTM has got the SE boot lid
    the DTM spoiler was never made oem to fit the s-line it can be made to fit tho
    or the rs4 1 can be made to fit the s-line
    No the DTM definately has an S-Line boot lid. 100%. I have a DTM spoiler and an SE boot and there is a gap. Seen genuine DTMs and they sit much higher and with no gaps. It is the other way round. Perfect fit for the S-Line, can be made to fit the SE.

19x9 S6 / Half Leather Interior / Memory Seats / Black Headlining / S6 Paddle Wheel / S6 Exhaust
    Front & Rear Parking Sensors / TPMS / Adaptive Xenons / Actuated Boot Lid / Bose / Sat Nav / Bluetooth / Sunroof
    Double Glazing / Auto Dimming Interior & Exterior Folding Mirrors / Storage Pack / Lighting Pack

Avantageous

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    rs4 is part of the body that on mine is an oem audi spoiler for the SE looks like an rs4 spoiler
    The Votex 3 piece spoiler.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    belive it or not check with audi the adtm awas based on the SE
    check every factory dtm they have the se boot lid
    ask audi they will tell you the dtm spoiler is non s-line fitting

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    NEW 05-07 Audi A4 Carbon Fiber Boot Spoiler
    Manufactured from GENUINE carbon fiber materials. Direct fitment, no modifications required.
    High Gloss "WET" look - UV Protected - Light Weight - Rolled Edges

WILL NOT FIT S LINE VERSIONS

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Last edited by RMH1A4cab; 23rd January 2012 at 23:14.

F

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    needs a password

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Doh, give me a minute :-)

F

5th Gear

Status
    Host them on photobucket and post instead.. .

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Posting from my phone razza so a pain to shift them over to photobucket, I had the privacy set wrong, should be ok now..

F

5th Gear

Status
    Check a thread a couple down from this one about dtm's by Chris and there's a pic of a yellow one, definitely an se lid

I'm in Cruise control

Status
    Edited

Last edited by RMH1A4cab; 24th January 2012 at 07:19.

F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast