Service Indicator

PhilMill63

Reaction score
Hi all, I just had a minor service done by a local guy (he does the wife's cars) but the service indicator is now blank, it just shows three dashes instead of any numbers. I took it back this morning and he tried to re-set it using the "button method" and he plugged in a diagnostic machine and tried to re-set it on there too, neither worked. It was working before as it was telling me i needed the service.

Any ideas??

Thanks
Phil

Hi Phil

You have to drive the car for a few hundred miles before the service indicator will reset with the new mileage before next service. I think mine took about 300 miles last time before the dashes dissappeared

Ah, that'll be why then.... Thanks, I will stop calling the guy an idiot then :shutup2:

Phil

Is it true that this is the period that the car monitors your driving style and sets the variable service period accordingly?

Sorry to bump this back up, I have now done 320 miles, combines motorway miles and a good fast run back through some country roads, anyway I looked at the service indicator this morning and its still blank! could it really take this long to sort its self out??

Phil